Skip to content
Maintankadin

I just pulled aggro...

Joanadark
Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm

I just pulled aggro...

...off-tanking Gruul....

...and the maintank couldnt pull off me.

had to stand there for 30 seconds before he could outpace me.
_________________
Tanking setup:
http://ctprofiles.net/4325913
Lightbeard
Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:52 pm
what did the raid leader say
Lightbeard
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:07 pm
I was clearing to attunsman once and our well geared main OT (who kinda sucks) lost aggro on her target to my shield throw n consecration and took her about 15seconds to take it back I laughed in my chair cause with her gear she lost aggro to me
Joanadark
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:19 pm
The night began with my asking to experiment with how well I could manage threat-gen in an off-tanking position, taking care to stay below the hateful strike tank if I even managed to get up there.

After finding myself holding back for four growths, we decided to simply switch me to being hateful strike tank.

the main tank died for some stupid reason during a shatter (it was an alt-gearing/trials farming run) and on the second pull they ended up chain-misdirecting the main tank to simply keep me off him.
Was having to leave Judges out of my ability use rotation and downrank consecrate further to stay second.

And before someone asks, I was using about 350 spelldamage for the fight, without any gear emphasis whatsoever. Wizard Oil+flask was the only added spell damage from what I run with in my maxed mitigation gear.
_________________
Tanking setup:
http://ctprofiles.net/4325913
Zolf
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:28 pm
My guild just had our first ever guild Gruul kill with me as OT. Our previous attempts were with me as MT, but I think my HP was a bit low when commanding shout wasn't available, so we switched it up for a few attempts and we got him.
Ahms
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:32 pm
Do you do your normal threat cyles as if you were MT'ing Joan? Sometimes I wonder how OT'ing Gruul would go (I usually bring my Rogue since we have a lot of tanks and not a lot of geared DPS) and if my mana could take it, even with the Hateful Strikes.
_________________
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants


-Ahms of Mannoroth
0/51/10
Joanadark
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:45 pm
its worth noting that Improved Judgement really shines in an off-tanking position, because you dont have longer-cooldown Holy Shield getting all in your way and you can use the reduced cooldown to maximum effect.

I am speced for Weapon Expertise and 1-handed Specialization, having dropped Reckonning, and had the t4 2-set bonus for the fight
_________________
Tanking setup:
http://ctprofiles.net/4325913
Cragus
Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:10 pm
Ive been there a few weeks back, happened to 2 weeks in a row, now i just sit back and and be careful, i use about half a normal rotation.
_________________
Jensaarai
Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:02 am
I got #1 on healing, does that count?

no

srsly

I rly did.



Anyway. I like healing that fight so I do Smile maybe next week I'll tank him again. I've shrugged off off-tanking to a feral druid because, well, I think he's better for it than me Smile and I don't like wasting pots Razz
_________________