Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Promised stamina increase"

trellian
Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:47 am

"Promised stamina increase"

I see a couple of forum topics shout that we are getting a stamina increase.
I can't find any specifics about it though.

Are they just rumors and hearsay or is there actually some blue post about this? If so, can you link it please?
_________________
Sytaena
Omatre
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 am
I wouldn't expect more than the 2% they took from us deeper down the tree pre-LK.

I wouldn't even be surprised if its a straight HP, not stam based buff, i.e. like mining, an extra 500hp and nothing more.

I already have more stam than the wars and bears, but I outgear most of them too I suppose, but I'm still wearing 2 pieces of T6 level gear, so the gap won't lessen with upgrades.

Will I complain if its 3-5% more, hell no, I could regem for a ton of strength instead of stam and still end up @ the same point. Giving me a lot more block value (27 str JC gems x 3 is no joke, neither are the 41 stam either though, JC is godlike for a paladin tank)
_________________

stormknight
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:01 am
Give new patch soon please. Need more stamina, I dont want to put every gem and enchant with stamina on my gear, so need that patch!. Smile
_________________


Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:27 am
Why? I had to use stamina gems over avoidance which is very bad. Warriors have advantage for stamina and they are just enchanting, gemming their stuff with avodaince and yet again which is more than important over stamina if you ask to me.
_________________


Est Sularus Oth Mithas
trellian
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:31 am
EH is a combination of avoidance, mitigation and stamina. Not any one of those stats alone.
A small increase in avoidance can increase your EH depending on the type of encounter. But the same can be said for stamina in other encounters.

That being said, sofar I haven't had a single issue with my stamina being (too) low.

More is good offcourse, but it probably won't change anything about my way of gearing.
_________________
Sytaena
PsiVen
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:50 am
Mitigation and Damage Reduction, by convention, only describe direct reductions that apply to EVERY hit, rather than those based on chance. Armor, SBV (when capped), Defensive Stance etc. are mitigation.


Paladins definitely have the lowest HP of all tanks, but that's okay. The little buff may actually make us slightly OP (I'm okay with this as well Razz)

Remember that if you have 35k HP and your warrior buddy has 37k, you still have Ardent Defender which in some cases is worth less but in many situations is worth much more than 2k EH.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
degre
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:26 am
I didn't know what you were talking about even before, so giving a different name wont make it any worse, on the other hand, could help clarifying.

As far as I can remember, we always referred to all the damage reduction factors as mitigation, hence all blocks, RF and the such always went there in a large bunch, that is why you confused me.
_________________