Skip to content
Maintankadin

Haters say the darndest things!

Linus
Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:24 pm

BT FUNTIMES! And hotpockets...

Well, not really hotpockets, but I had to draw you in somehow, right?

In any case, just asking people how they AOE at the BT. Not necessarily your spell rotation and such, but more of how you maximize profits. According to my little Fubar thing I am getting close to 200g per hour by Disenchanting all the green drops I get, turning all my cloth into Netherweave Bracers and Disenchanting them (find a tailor), and if you are really uppity you can grab a warlock (yes a lock, not a mage, they ARE faster) and roll through the entire terrace in minutes.

I tried the 25 man full supplicant pull with a lock and him spamming seed of corruption, never lost aggro once and we downed them within 2 judgements (16 seconds). No kidding, and with the lock you can roll through all the healer guys on the corridor leading up to the terrace also, so you make equal if not more money even though you have to split the stuff.

Oh, and since I started turning my cloth into Netherweave Bracers and DEing them my profits have skyrocketed, seriously about doubled. So any hints/tips/tricks from the rest of ya?

Also, are there any other spots with a large amount of packed in mobs like this? Not necessarily pally friendly as with the lock I just have to grab them and keep aggro, I don't need fast hitters or anything.

And now my sleepiness has gotten the better of me and I'm rambling...'night!

-Whiskers Very Happy
_________________


"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"
Igrado
Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:46 am
hmm, i hadn't thought of bracers + DE. I'll look into that. I figured out I was making about 120g/hour this weekend, but I wasn't DEing greens, I was vendoring, and I was selling my Netherweave for 4g/stack. I also was soloing, not grouping so I was only doing the terrace 6 times an hour (186mobs per hour is still insane, even more so for a tank/healer class lol.)

If that warlock is adding only 31mobs per round or less, your making less money than could from just doing the terrace alone.

On the other hand, I can solo the 25pull, then clear the 6pull and have 5 minutes plus to spam trade in Org on my bank alt LOL.

I started DEing at the very end yesterday and will try out the bracers thing too, thanks for the tip!

I made 3kgold though Very Happy Got my epic flyer woot!
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."
PsiVen
Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:26 am
I prefer to solo every Supplicant at once myself. There's no reason to AOE them down faster or otherwise bring someone to help, because you have to wait for respawns anyway. I just vigorously shooed people away and made about 200g an hour vendoring and undercutting the Netherweave market.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
Daromire
Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:36 am
Anyone use 4/5 T4 for this? The extra holy shield damage actually kill them quite a bit quicker?
Igrado
Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 am
If you are doing the 25pull they should die in under 90 seconds anyways. I think I run around 300 spell damage with PLC + spike and they die in less than 90.
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."
Nemi
Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:50 am
Wall of text inc OMG!

You know.. I've not really found this area to be that profitable. My sheild gets beat to hell and I end up having to repair every 4-5 respawn. I get about 1 green every 2 repops, TONS of netherweave 2.5g / stack on my server (I'll try the turn to bracers / DE method that sounds tasty). With my CTbar money tracker thingy it says i'm only pulling in around 30g an hour because of repairs. I dont die, its just my sheild getting beat to shit. I currently use the +23 dmg sheild from nightbane with a sheild spike + raid tank gear. Should I be using a different sheild something blue perhaps to save on costs?
_________________
Nemi
Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 am
Ya silly things who needs em anyway? Forgot about those.. heh I've yet to find anyone buying them and they dont sell for awhole lot on the AH. (yay lame undermaned server) So i'm basically trading them in for aldor equiv since i've been slacking severly on aldor rep.
_________________
Sinfonian
Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:59 am
I roll with a mixture of +block rating gear and +damage (something like 31% to block and 420 +damage). Currently I'm using the NB +damage shield, though I've considered going the PLG, I'd just prefer not to lose yet another bag space (it's pretty tight atm).

No one has yet mentioned it yet, but my favorite thing in relation to this grinding spot is the Figurine of the Colossus. Its use ability is insanely powerful...running around gathering up the mobs can get you down almost to Ardent Defender range. A full heal trinket...I don't understand how people don't believe me when I say it's my favorite trinket ever.

I generally come away with something like 100g/hr.
_________________
Someday I'll eventually log out in gear I actually tank with.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Sinfonian
Linus
Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:09 am
90 seconds the 25 man pull dies, but with the lock I down them in about 12, and finish the entire terrace (yes spellcasters and all), plus it's good to have someone around to help gank or shoo away gankers if need be. I do it myself alot, but when the lock is around it just makes sense and my money tracker has showed a decent profit increase at least (plus he's the tailor/enchanter and does all of it for no tip Very Happy)

Anywho, here's how the money works out on my server (this is assuming no lock just soloing which I do the majority of the time anyway):

1 hr = about 10 stacks of Netherweave (roughly 12 Netherweave Bracers which DE to about 24-48 Arcane Dust which sell for about 2g each on my server) We'll call that 36 (averaged) dust which is about 72g or so

Now you have about 3-5 arcane tome drops per hour (at least I do), these sell for about 13g each, that's 52g averaged

Then the Sunfury Signets, rough guesstimate around 50 per hour, I sell mine for 6g per 10 so that's about 30g

Random Green drops are about 7 per hour, these DE into 2-4 Arcane Dusts, equating to about 42g averaged

Minus the cost of repairs (which for me is about 1-2 times per hour) = about 15g

Food/water is of no real consequence, just fly to a mage and toss him a 2g tip for 2 stacks of food and water, easy enough to last you an hour.

That's about 181g per hour, and that's just averaging and such with numbers that are probably easily higher, but just to be safe I went with those.

Anyway, barring any ganking and such, that should net around 724g for a 4hr session (which is what I did the other day, and the number isn't too far off).

As for those that are having their money tracker saying only about 50g per hour, keep in mind that it takes time to AH the dusts and DE the stuff, etc, on my money tracker I can start a session and "apply" auctions to counting for that hour or session, etc, and am able to "stop the timer" on the session for money counting, etc, can't remember the name of the addon now though, for the life of me, I'll check later and get back with the name.

Anywho,

mmmm hotpockets.

-Whiskers
_________________


"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"