Skip to content
Maintankadin

WoW lore (Not our favorite Paladin)

VikrumthePally
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 am

WoW lore (Not our favorite Paladin)

I remember beating Warcraft 1 & 2 and sporadically playing all the other Warcraft "themed" games. But do not recall the endings or lore to all of these games.

Beofre LK comes out I would like to get caught up on all of the lore so that when it starts I can continue in the story. All the way through SWP.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Somewhere I can read.

Can it all be done in book ala:
http://www.amazon.com/Day-Dragon-WarCraft-Book-1/dp/0671041525/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

Thanks.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:30 am
I don't remember anything about wc1 anymore, and wc2 ends roughly like "Alliance expels the horde and khadgar goes boom sealing the portal and getting lost somewhere in outland"
_________________
Spankadin in development
Sit vis nobiscum!
fuzzygeek
Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:41 am
Hooray now I have something to read today.
_________________
Elsie
Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:42 am
There goes studying for my CMST class. Thanks a lot, Lore. You managed to find the two pages on wowwiki I haven't read.
Guillex
Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:29 am
*hops onto demonoid for a quick download ... *
_________________
Official thread killer

VikrumthePally
Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:52 am
Wow just wow. I read both of Lore's posts. Although good they were just a bit scattered.

But Fizzy's link. Amazing. It is so well put together. Starts a tad slow but really takes off. Tells you how Ragnaros came to be, where the spell blood lust comes from, who Medivh's parents are and the important role they played.

I now know so many things about WoW (the mmo) that are just crazy. It was so much fun reading that. It so cool to know things about the game and then read how they came to be.

I kid you not I have been reading those since about 10:00 am. (It's 245 pm now)

I highly highly reccommend this reading if you have the time. It really sheds new life on the game and makes me want to go to an RP server.

In all honesty when I hit next and it said TBC (to be continued) my jaw dropped and I was like "Nooooo."

That makes 2 days this week I haven't done a single thing at work. Hrm where did that other day go? Smile
_________________
Elsie
Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm
The blizzard link doesn't mention the orcish assault on the Burning Legion's homeworld.
Ubung
Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 am
The worldofwarcraft.com history is awesome covering all the major events of the world. However for a more detailed look the books on warcraft are really good. If you like a good book I reccomend those. I dont think there is a book covering the whole history, they tend to cover smaller portions of history in greater detail.
_________________
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Origon
Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 am
There's also the 9 books of wow-lore if you care for some more heavy reading

Warcraft - (2000) Of Blood And Honor - Chris Metzen
Warcraft - (2001) Day Of The Dragon - Richard A. Knaak
Warcraft - (2001) Lord Of The Clans - Christie Golden
Warcraft - (2002) The Last Guardian - Jeff Grubb
Warcraft - (2004) War Of The Ancients Trilogy - 01 - The Well Of Eternity - Richard A. Knaak
Warcraft - (2004) War Of The Ancients Trilogy - 02 - The Demon Soul - Richard A. Knaak
Warcraft - (2005) War Of The Ancients Trilogy - 03 - The Sundering - Richard A. Knaak
World of Warcraft - (2006) Cycle of Hatred - Keith R. A. DeCandido
World of Warcraft - (2007) Tides of Darkness - Aaron Rosenberg

Personally I'm not sure if that's all of them. I hope I missed something regarding the first / 2nd wars, because I'd love to read something more in-depth than just wowwiki snippets.

P.S. All of these books can be bought on amazon or *cough*other*cough* sites Razz
_________________
My two cents were stolen so here's some lint and a used toothpick