I was running around in BGs last night (though I had a 30 minute delay due to BGs being down) on my arcane mage. I was generally in the top three in terms of damage being done/kills/honor. He's a level 68 without any resilience gear, some really stupid enchants/knothide armor (because they were cheap), and about 550 spell power.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zangarmarsh&n=jhendrix (last time I checked, it was not updated so there could be a lot of stuff missing)
However, I'm very new to PvP. I have no idea what is considered decent damage being done/kills/honor. I generally put out about 140k/15 killing blows/300-400 honor in AB (the only BG I know so it's the only one I play as of right now). Since he's alliance, we generally don't win, but that's okay, it's still lots of fun.
I'm thinking about killing time until Wotlk gets here and doing PvP with all my characters including my pally and have him dabble in Ret.
Every now and then, I'll see a hunter with a crazy number like 220k with no deaths. I've also seen a pally that had 420k damage. Go Ret!!!
Any PvP players out there that know what one should be shooting for? (keep in mind that I'm not in the 70 bracket and I'm not doing AV although I know I should)

