Skip to content
Maintankadin

so i rolled ret for raids last night

daemonym
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:39 am

so i rolled ret for raids last night

and damn. i could leave it at that really but ti thought i'd share this with all who are interested. did the first 2 bosses in hyjal last night, could have gone for much more but the server restarts/crashes lampooned that idea. my armory is in my sig but if you don't/can't check it out i'll just say i'm in a mix of rep pvp blues and gruuls/mags/crafted epics. no badge or tier dps gear at all.

first boss i was 7th on dps with D&D hitting melee all but once. next boss i was second. first was another ret pally...lawl? granted near all the top 10 were melee because of the fight mechanics but many others are much better geared than i am when i break out the 2 hander. i know that ret is awesome now and semi-OP for lvl 70 content but still seems a bit silly to me.

also, about the 'phantom precision talent' i have noticed it as well. i'm at 92 hit rating when raiding and almost never saw myself miss when it's supposed to be like 142 rating to be capped. i would really like to know what's up with this also, but i'm not complaining of course Very Happy
_________________
"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
70 shadowmoon 0/49/12
uke
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:57 am
I know the feeling. Pre 3.0, I was happy to get over 700dps as Ret. Last night, I averaged about 1300dps in mostly S2/welfare gear in heroic Shattered Halls (mostly self-buffed).

I've had the habit lately of posting damage meters followed immediately by a tounge-in-cheek "LOLRET!". Very Happy
Brute
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:18 am
I was considering trying out Ret, but I don't have a Ret set. Basically it would be lvl 70 greens, PVP blues, and the LC Exalted weapon if I were to try it... how would my experience be?

And would I be sorely disapointed seeing as how I have a warrior in full S3/S4 gear except for weapon and shoulders?
_________________
[url http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute /url]