Skip to content
Maintankadin

How many needed to clear BWL?

Jasari
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 am

How many needed to clear BWL?

I want to try to get my Judgment set since it looks awesome and I have nothing else to do. I was wondering how many people I'll probably need to round up to do this? My friend and I 2manned Onyxia pretty easily, but I'd assume some of the other bosses aren't as simple. I started playing a week before BC was released so I've never set foot in most old world raids.

Thanks
Elsie
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:28 am
5 people should suffice.

You'll need 2 healers, 1 tank, 2 dps minimum to get past the first dragon.

I'd say something like protection paladin, arms warrior, resto shaman, holy paladin, enhancement shaman.

You could probably sub the resto shaman for an elemental or a boomkin, someone who can heal while the holy paladin resets debuffs.
Torquemada
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 am
We got stuck with about 10, because none of us(Tanks in particular) had Ony cloaks. I highly recommend having those. Other than that it was a joke.
_________________
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:36 am
Vael with only a few people can be a problem, since he blows up one tank and one mana-using random on a timer.
_________________
Blog


Short version: Stop sucking - Vanifae
Baelor
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 am
Step 1: Get everyone an Onyxia-Scale Cloak
Step 2: Make sure you have enough DPS to kill Vaelastrasz really quick, 'cuz he sacrifices people at regular intervals and makes them explode.
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Profit!

Other things you might want to consider:
Unless you have 2+ rogues, the suppression room is going to be annoying as f*ck, even when you can just overpower everything. That movement speed debuff is the worst thing ever.
Chromaggus's debuffs can still turn people into drakonids. Either make sure you can spam cleanse during that encounter, or bring someone else to clean the magic debuffs.
Brood Lord mortal strikes and still smacks hard. Don't die.

EDIT: If you don't have Ony cloaks, you can avoid the need if people hide behind Nefarian's throne when he's landing. The tank, however, almost definitely needs it, since he's gonna get breathed on a bunch.
_________________
I am the light that brings the dawn.
http://e4ae.blogspot.com/
Zx
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:30 am
Just look in trade for folks who want to go and I'd bet that you get at least 10 replies on any weekend or most weeknights.

High end raiders on the server may even go and re-clear old world stuff for fun, I know that I did when my guild was bored.
_________________