Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pally Epic Mount to be Trainable

Katraya
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 am

Pally Epic Mount to be Trainable

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/21/ptr-3-0-3-patch-notes/

Warlocks and Paladins will be able to train their class mounts at lvl 61.
While I can see this being helpful for more casual players, I still think it is kind of sad. Glad that both my lock and pally got theirs through the questline. However, I do realize that anyone who got either mount pre-BC still thinks I had it damn easy.
_________________
Sederia
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:04 am
they should give a bonus to those of us who did it old way or those that choose to run the quest after the change



on another note, no lvl requirement on gathering = win
_________________
Guillex
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:06 am
Yeah I didn't really get that level req for gathering. Maybe it's just one of those days but, meh, I don't understand.
_________________
Official thread killer

KysenMurrin
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 am
It was probably necessary. Shame to lose the questline (unless it's still in for people to do as an option?) but making Paladins run Scholo and Strath for it was maybe a bit hard these days, when very few people will be willing to run you. (On the other hand, I actually liked the Warlock encounter. Though a DM-W full clear is meh, the finale was worth it.)


On other subjects, I'm liking the look of these patchnotes:
# The Avenger's Shield bounce distance has been reduced to 10 yards (from 15).
# Blessing of Might: Rank 8 points increased slightly to prevent from being overwritten by BattleShout 8 that has a shorter duration (also applies to Greater Blessing of Might 3.)
# Boots of the Protector have been brought in line with protection paladin itemization changes. (woohoo, it's about damn time)

And it looks like Ret Paladins have lost a lot of their bonus crit in favour of overall damage buffs, which seems like a good idea to me.
_________________
Averroes
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 am
To bad the Alliance version of the quest is way harder then the blood elf version.
_________________
Tzuma
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:24 am
Shield pull on the middle 2 mobs in the room with the first boss, hit boss which in turn pulled the entire room and closed the door in front of us. Woops.
Sederia
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:28 am
I think the lvl req on the gathering skills was from Bliz thinking I wouldn't be crazy enough to take my lvl 35 alt on a horse ride thru Hellfire Laughing
lets just say that she has more than the base 3? flight points for Outlands



i'm gonna miss taking 60ish pallys to Scholo, I must be one of the few people left who liked that place



the shield was fun in some instances, and a royal pain in others
Shatt Halls it was nice, others it has caused a death or 2
_________________
Fridmarr
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:34 am
When I hit 60, I don't think the epic mount quest line even existed yet, so I paid the money for a ram. I never did the quest until I was at level 70 because pre TBC I did a lot of PVP, and knew I'd rarely use a mount that cost mana and was on the GCD.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
uke
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:39 am
For those of us behind work filters, can someone post the full paladin notes?

I wonder how hard ret's been hit by the nerfbat this go-round.
sleku
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 am
let them have 100% mount which looks like warhorse, and charger for those who do the questline, problem solved, epicness saved
Adryl
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:55 am
The irony behind all of this sickens me. As soon as I was able to get my first Pally mount, the patch came and made it where lvl 30's can now get mounts. And now a few weeks after getting my epic Pally mount, this happens.....oh well lol.
_________________