Skip to content
Maintankadin

Soloing

Whodat
Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54 am

Soloing

So what can paladins solo as ret or prot? Can they solo non-heroics? And can they solo old-world raids or stuff?
(Post as if you were making money by hitting the instances)
Sorry if its been posted before couldn't find it.
_________________
wng_z3r0
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 am
I know the first thing I did when 3.0 hit was to solo those 72 elites on the nethrewing island that pissed me off so much back when I was trying to get my mount. *That* felt good.
_________________
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
uke
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 am
So far as Ret in 3.0.2 I've solo'd:

A Fel Reaver (finally got my shattered halls key quest done Razz ), which actually took me about 3 tries.

Regular Ramparts, don't over pull and it's cake

Stratholme, laughably easy

I may see if it's possible to solo the headless horseman sometime this week.
KysenMurrin
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:46 am
I was killing Durn regularly on the PTR, partly to try and see if I could do better, partly just for the hell of it. One of the last things I did before the PTR closed and patch went live was kill a Fel Reaver, which was quicker and easier than my Durn attempts (still had to LoH, but ended the fight on 80% health instead of the 5% I tended to have on Durn).

I could get Maggoc under 50% on the PTR, but not kill him. Haven't tried on live.


Since the above poster mentions strath - I usually two-man the Baron run, but I soloed it the other day and did it in half as long as the old two-man runs took. I think my "highest damage dealt" in my achievements is when I one-shot the pack of ghouls after Ramstein with Holy Wrath, heh. That said, my two-man runs now finish with >20mins on the timer, so I'll keep doing them, heh.
_________________
Sederia
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:51 am
I solo'd Strat Baron pre patch, it took time, I died a few times getting to him, I had to thread my way thru
Post patch I died like twice in 5 or 6 baron kills, one was day one of patch when I was still figuring out which buttons to push... the other was being chain silenced, mana drained, and webbed due to a really bad pull which went from bad to worse quickly because I overestimated my uberness Embarassed (altho I did manage to get a 70 ret pally there once, twice if you count when I was MC'd and beat her down)


I tried soloing Shattered Halls - Reg, I couldn't kill the 1st boss, his whirl got me

semi sure I could have solo'd my Jenkins title, but I didn't have the key so I went with a group

Duo'd Kara trash with a HUNTER who I outgear and out dps, I could probably solo some trash with a couple upgrades
_________________
kvark
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:57 am
the most impressive thing I've seen a ret do is to solo uldaman....at level 40.
_________________
Sederia
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:36 am
my attempt was as prot(0/56/5)

he starts the whirl at like 20%, I bursted him down to 9 saving everything but I had the close range(heal) brew maiden so she got whacked quick
I mean to try it again with the ranged one, but I am reinstalling WoW so not likely today
_________________