Skip to content
Maintankadin

AQ40 and 3.0.2

Dianora
Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 am

AQ40 and 3.0.2

Since 3.0.2 hits, some of the guild have been going back to old world instances to finish up achievement requirements. Last night, I went back to AQ40 for the first time in almost 2 years. Very different experience as a protection paladin vs the last time I was here. Vankriss's tunnel is kind of a joke where I drag every mob to the end of the tunnel.

Twin Emperors will still wipe your raid if you don't have good plan to separate them. DO NOT use Seal of Vengeance on the physical emperor. When he ported, he'll still go after you, the dot ticks. Thank god for Avenger's Shield that allow me to grab him from half way across the room (when the main tank missed his shield slam).

C'Thun still wipe out the raid that have never done him (chain eye beam ftw). But he's actually an enjoyable fight now that the 2 flesh tentacle dies super fast in phase 2.

I crank out AQ40, AQ20, Wailing Cavern (don't ask, i never found one of the Lord necessary for the summon boss on my own), Zul'Aman in one night for my old world dungeon achievement.
_________________
Ankiseth
Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 am

Re: AQ40 and 3.0.2

TWEmps didn't like my PVP Ret Spec :<

AQ20 took 9 minutes last night for us too ^.^
_________________
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Mouse
Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 am
I went in a pug last night and twin emps/cthun wipe those who have never been, dont want to read up, and say "we re 70, it ll be fine, just pull."
_________________
EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
70 BE Prot Pally

Mousetasche <Attrition> Cho'Gall
70 Orc Destruction Lock
Thalia
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am
LOL

Ya we went back on Sunday...so there where lots of people in the raid that had never done C'thun and we forgot to tell them not to peek in the doorway... lol 1 second wipe to chain lightning was hilarious.
Worldie
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:55 pm
I still got a pic from 1.9 when i got somewhere close to 1kk damage from that beam... ahhhh cthun.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Dianora
Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:13 pm
I just realized something from the Twin Emperor fight:

Emperor Vek'lor is supposed to be immuned to physical damage. Emperor Vek'nilash is supposed to be immuned to magical damage. But in my raid last night, I was able to shield pull both emperor at one point or another when I need to grab their attention. Does that means Avenger's Shield is both physical and magical? Or does this mean that my original assumption is incorrect?
_________________
djlar
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:21 am
If you're silenced you can't cast Avenger's so maybe that means it's magical? I don't know anymore! LOL
Torquemada
Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:22 am
Our server actually bugged(No pun intended) and the gates were allowed to be reopenned. We have a bunch of folks who are now Scarab Lords as of yesterday. I would rather they redo the Scourge invasion, as I want an Argent Dawn tabard.
_________________
Worldie
Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:51 pm
Depending on how melee or caster heavy the raid is, the best thing is having the majority of the DPS dps the non-immune one, and remaining one on bugs.

However, i'd suggest dpsing the melee one, simply because due to the proximity aggro nature of the switch, it's simpler to call "stop DPS" (even just because the emperor gets out of LoS when they teleports) instead of calling "melee out" every 30 seconds allowing barely 15-20 seconds of DPS each transition,
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
moduspwnens
Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm
What I ended up doing is just targeting the other emperor when they were about to switch and spamming my HotR and AS. As soon as he ported, he'd get slammed. It worked out.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand