Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is the epic flyer really worth 5,000g?

Ariosto
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 am

Is the epic flyer really worth 5,000g?

I ask because my engineering is at 300. I want to level it as quickly as possible now, as well as when Wrath comes out. Does having an epic flyer really make grinding materials THAT much faster? Is it REALLY worth 5,000g?
_________________

Scarlet Crusade - <Knights Of Eternal Light>
Aldonza
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:24 am
100% worth it.

You can save time and money without ever having to touch a regular flight path ever again. That alone makes it worth it. Just point yourself in the right direction and hit auto-run if you have to go AFK.

If you're grinding up mines/herbs/motes, it's super fast to be able to trek around the zone in about ten minutes looking for those little yellow dots. I can normally grind up about 2 to 3 Primal Airs alone in twenty minutes in Nagrand with my Engineer. It'd take so much longer trying to do that with a 100% land mount or 60% air mount.
_________________

Karock
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:24 am
I've never heard ANYONE say "damn I wish I hadn't bought my 300 riding skill."
Mazater
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 am
Yes.

1. The netherwing daily quests are rather simple and give a bunch of money.
(And lol achievements)

2. The flying competitions are just pure fun, even though a bit too easy with crusader aura.(Mulverick was the hardest, imo)

3. The fel orc disguise looks kewl

4. BOOTERANG!!!!111oneoneeleventwelve
_________________
Origon
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 am
It's simply more of a matter of when will it be worth it to you. If you're 2 gathering profs, get it ASAP, you'll never regret it. If you have at least 1 gathering prof, it's a really damn nice addition. For me personally, on my pally i'm now BS and JC so i dont see it as entire worthwhile. I will get it, but only after my 20k land mount. Priest has herb and mining and yes, that char <3 his netherdrake
_________________
My two cents were stolen so here's some lint and a used toothpick

Marwan
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:29 am
Just to echo some thoughts, yeah if you have a gathering profession it will pay for itself in no times. Also just in day to day questing and dailies it will save you a nice chunk of time, which over the course of months/year adds up.

With all these dailies and downtime before wrath you have the perfect opportunity to snag it.
_________________
Ulushnar
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:31 am
It's a week, maybe two of dailies to get it, and it's maddening every time I play an alt who doesn't have epic flying yet.
_________________
Blog


Short version: Stop sucking - Vanifae
majorwoo
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 am
/agree

SOo much faster to do everything you do. I don't take flight paths anymore, i fly direct. (except the skettis to ogrila, just so I can go afk while its on)

open map, zoom out, point myself at target, go bio, come back and land!
_________________
Ariosto
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:45 am
OK, well, it seems pretty unanimous. I've got 400g right now, so hopefully it'll only be about a week or so of dailies.
_________________

Scarlet Crusade - <Knights Of Eternal Light>
Worldie
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:48 am
What noone mentioned is: I cannot possibly imagine exping over level 77 without it.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Guillex
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am
I've started up my dailies again ... though it sucks not having access to the Netherwing dailies yet.

I'll be clearing the Island dailies, along with the skyguard/ogri'la ones (hit exalted with the skyguard last night, woot!), are there any others I should be looking at?

That makes 15 quests, IIRC.
_________________
Official thread killer

Karock
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:53 am
Island dailies
SSO dailies from shatt
2 dailies in hellfire up where that world boss sits... i can't for the life of me think of his name lol
ogri'la dailies
skyguard dailies

with all of those you SHOULD be able to do around 25?