We got myself, a rogue, and a warlock in the empty house adjacent to the King's throne room. We summoned ~30 people in, had a hunter misdirect, and shoot the King, bringing him to our secret hiding and fighting spot. He hits for a good bit, around 7k on plate. The thing that killed us, though, is his Thunder Clap, I think. It killed pretty much our whole raid. Over about 30 seconds of fighting, we got him down only 3%. He has a TON of health.
Anyway, we wiped, and another, much larger Horde raid was coming through the gate. By the time we were rezzed, Alliance had swarmed everywhere. We hearthed out.
But I'm not giving up! I'm convinced it can be done at 70, and I want to be one of the first with the mount that comes from the title. I think it's clear the Ironforge boss will be the hardest, so if I can get him down I'm fairly sure we can figure out a way to down the others. I'm gonna lay out a plan, and you all let me know what you think of it.
The Plan
Firstly, I think he's downable if:
- We have lots of room. This way people aren't getting owned by his Thunder Clap.
We have lots of time, as his health is very high.
We have no Alliance intervention. It only takes one or two to gank us or bring more.
Sounds almost unsurmountable, right? I mean, he's in the middle of an Alliance capital. Well, I have a plan:
- 1. It must happen late at night to minimize Alliance intervention.
2. To get the room necessary to prevent Thunder Clap ownage, he needs to be kited outside to an empty area of Dun Murogh. This will also practically ensure we are safe from any traversing Alliance.
It'll certainly be tricky, but the potential rewards are impressive. Realm superiority, inspiring faction vs. faction combat, status... This boss is tuned for level 80s! Killing him would be very impressive, and I'm hoping to have it done before WotLK hits. What do you guys think?
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand







