Skip to content
Maintankadin

DireMaul North Tribute Run

Maejara
Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:57 am

DireMaul North Tribute Run

I just did a few Tribute Runs today and noticed, that the buff given by the very first Guard near the Instance entrance does STACK. It provides you 15% stamina, which definitely adds up Twisted Evil
When we went into Gruul's lair, I had about 20,5k hp buffed, about 16,7k only with Blessing of Kings.
You probably can stack it up to 3-4 times, with a decent grp, I "only" got two stacks when soloing the instance.

Hope you'll enjoy seeing big numbers, i don't know if it is THAT effective for raids, because these buffs definitely need a lot of time to farm for and will be lost after death Razz
_________________
Daedallus
Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:02 pm
after everyone has read this post, i move to have it deleted and never spoken of again.
_________________
Thels
Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 pm
:O

That's a bug.

They didn't stack pre-TBC (I used to chainrun them for the stamina cloak, which never dropped for me), and IIRC they changed it in some recent patch so that you could only get the buffs up to lvl 63.

Eithet that or my memory is hazy.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Maejara
Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:14 pm
okay....didn't know that...i knew that dragonkillers buff and Rend buff could only be obtained up to lvl ~66 (whatever)
I don't think there's anything bad about getting 2 equal buffs, everybody is able to do it.
Gamemasters will find out about this bug sooner or later, so I don't have to worry about it...just wanted to share a funny discovery Rolling Eyes
_________________
Nich
Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:00 pm
A guildie linked me to a tank's armoury profile the other week - he had 4 (when I looked, and more earlier on) of the buffs stacked, in full tank gear, for some stupid ammount of HP - at least 70k? >.<
_________________

as Holy: 6447 hp, 8688 mp, 1552 heal, 150 mp5 (in combat), 13.98%
Garwin
Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:01 am
agreed.. let us never speak of this again..

*runs off to diremaul*
Eloff
Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:59 am
Wish I knew that before I dropped Leatherworking. I used to have the pattern for the ogre suit.
_________________
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct


nicolax
Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:43 am
could someone explain a little more about how to get those buffs in Dire Maul ? O.o
i never experienced all of the pre-TBC content.
_________________
Thels
Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:07 am
http://www.wowwiki.com/Dire_Maul_Tribute_Run

Basically, you need to use special tricks to pass all the guards without killing them.

The first guard drops a key, so you need a rogue or use BS/Engi to get past that door without a key.

The second guard patrols around a field, so you must pass through that field without aggroing him. In addition, you need someone with stealth to loot the chest he patrols around, for another door.

The third guard will be trapped if you use some tools to fix a trap laying in the instance.

The fourth guard can be fooled by wearing the Ogre Suit the goblin can make for you.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin