Skip to content
Maintankadin

First time I did Old Durnholde with guildies.

Soulbreaker
Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:33 am

First time I did Old Durnholde with guildies.

Tonight I did Durnholde with the main tank (on his hunter) and our main healer on his buff Resto Shaman form my guild plus a couple of pugs. I've been telling my MT that Paladins are awesome AoE tanks and that we can power, CC free through multi mob pulls easily and that there just might be a use for a Prot Pally in raids.

He was skeptical but said he wanted to have a look and see what I could do.

Well we zipped through the instance in no time flat, the Hunter (my MT) saying wow, can't do that with a Warrior or Druid, whenever I pulled 3-5 mobs and stuck them to me while he tried hard to pull them away.

The only time we wiped was when the PuG mage started pulling mobs before they hit my Consecrate thus sending things pear shaped. But all was understood by those that mattered.

The fight at the end with the 3 waves of dragonkin and the boss was the cream on the cake as I flawlessly tanked the lot solo only loosing 1 mob that was quickly trapped.

Anyhow at the end they both agreed that it was the easiest and fastest run they had ever done.

The first step completed. Very Happy
_________________
Cimzar
Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:00 am
Take him on a couple Shattered Halls runs; he'll quickly be a believer.
_________________
Bramiest's Knight in Shining Armor

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Tumeric
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:10 am
agreed, ran shattered halls with some scepticle people all day this past tuesday. After the run they say they have completely changed thier minds about pally tanks and would like me to tank for them every trip they take there, even went as far as to invite me to kara with them the following sunday, though i ended up heal/tanking OTing
_________________
Ardaic
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:37 am
:: nods :: Told some people in my network I was thinking about doing something stupid.

One of them chimed in, "Running Shattered Halls with no CC?"

Felt good to wink and say, "That's not stupid. It's fast and efficient, thank you Wink"

Had to prove it, but made her a believer - since she's one of my healers, I consider that a good thing. Love that I have to give my hunters BoM when we do SLab or ShatHalls now - if I don't, and I touch the mobs before they do, they're not trapping anything.
Daedallus
Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:39 pm
yeah, SH normal is the feather in your cap as far as Ae tanking 5 mans go.

I tried SH heroic last night with 2 dps shamans and a rogue tho. painfull Sad No trouble keepin agro. surviveing, that is a whole other realm, and my holy priest is a star.
_________________