Skip to content
Maintankadin

Strategies for various Alliance battlegrounds

Elennira
Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:36 pm
premades
_________________
WotLK new talents = <3


herpackmule
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:17 pm
AB: Get to the opposite team's starting gate. Farm AFKers by yourself. There are usually 1-2 per game (especially if you play late at night) and you get 20 honor per kill if you are doing it by yourself. It doesnt help you win, but it cuts down the number of times you have to do AV for honor points.

EotS: Groups 1&2 go to fel reaver, group 3 goes to Mage tower. Someone in group 1 or 2 will fail to listen and cap DR for you. (Harness the inability to listen, the cats will herd themselves) A 3 cap right away demoralizes the other team enough that even if your next strategy move doesnt work, you can usually pull it back together.

WSG: Get a premade.

AV: Figure out who your healers are on the way to RH. Do not let anyone cap FWGY. Once RH is capped figure out if you have the tanks/healers to take on drek with towers still up. If yes, just tank it all. If no, wait for towers.

Overall: Get into a 5v5 arena team. Heck, start your own and invite 4 different people each week, just always do your 10 games. You get more points at 1200 rating in a 5v5 than you do at 1450 in a 2v2.
Bereid
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm
Premade lol.

But herp pretty much covered it. I usually only PvP when im holy and if im pugging it them i just find the best geared and run around trying to keep them alive >.<
_________________
Spectrum
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:56 pm
for the non-AV BGs I generally just PuG it and deal with it.

The best way to get marks is if you can get a losing pre-made and just lose each game in under 5 minutes. You get more honor doing this on holidays for WSG, but EotS and AB don't give additional honor for doing nothing on holidays.

AV seems Alliance dominated for Reckoning. EotS is evenly split, and I've avoided WSG and AB successfully. Smile

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3547877767&sid=1
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
Bereid
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 pm
i've heard thru a few sources that blizz looks down on premades that lose intentionally and even threatened a temp ban if caught doing it. I have nothing to back this up or anything but just figured i'd throw it out there. Not saying i haven't done it either ><
_________________
Khisvir
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:14 pm
I hate asking stupid questions like this...but wtf is a premade?
_________________

QuantumDelta
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:55 am
Sounds like newkids trying to be original to me.
Tich? Heh.
_________________
moduspwnens
Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 am
Doesn't everyone's team always lose? I'm Horde, and if I'm in a PuG, it's not like there's any strange aura that makes us work together and not be retarded. We generally lose, as far as I know (perhaps it's just me :O).
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Levantine
Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:19 am
I have a friend who plays Alliance, and I play Horde. Both of us are in Bloodlust, and we both swear on our accounts that our side NEVER wins EotS. So I'm kinda inclined to agree with Modus (/gasp).
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf