Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Your" moves

Amirya
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 am

"Your" moves

Do any of you find yourselves becoming verbs?

For example, "pulling an Ami" is usually the tank pulling multiple mobs (8-18) at any given time, without any CC, with half (or less) mana, while the healer(s) is still recovering.

"I'm pulling an Ami!" is usually responded with, "Oh fuck."

What are the verbs you've all become?
_________________

11/11 Karazhan; 2/2 Gruul's Lair; 1/1 Magtheridon's Lair; 1/6 Zul'Aman
Dorvan
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 am
For a long time I used a wireless keybaord that would randomly cut out while I was holding my push-to-talk key. Thus the following Dorvan-ism was born:

"Remember guys, the most important thing remember on this fights is alwa-"
...5 seconds later....
"-and we should be fine. Got that everyone?"


Buying a new keyboard was one of the conditions of my promotion to officer Razz
_________________
_Chloe
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am
Pulling an entire room with a few pats is refered to in my guild as trying to be Chloe. Too bad most of them fail.
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
Dorvan
Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:06 pm
Oh, and my guild is unable to fight any multi-mob boss without someone suggesting the "have Dorvan group them up and then AoE the whole thing down" strat.
_________________
Aertho
Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:18 pm
Blessing of Protection on a tank is a Chongo.
Pulling before the tank is ready is a Fibby.
dmok
Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 pm
My groups are run by a

Dmok-racy
(Dmok being my main hunter who I've been playing for the past 1.5 years until I decided to roll a pally alt)
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 1/6 SSC | 1/4 MH
DeadMilliken
Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 pm
Common raid question when coming up to a new encounter or trash.

"Is it Tolkenable?"
_________________
Io.Draco
Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:44 pm
SQUISHY!
_________________
Khisvir
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:06 pm
I usually quest with my sister. Usually, she'll say "This way," and head off.

It's getting to the point where I just stand there for a few seconds, because 95% of the time I then hear, "Oh, wait...THIS way," and she turns around and goes exatly the opposite direction.

So...whenever one of us starts going the wrong direction now, it's "Pulling a Seeks."
_________________

Zand
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:12 pm
Walking into a room and not paying attention we call a "Lanthis", as our resident space-cadet Paladin would do that all the time...he'd pull all sorts of stuff that way.
_________________
Clan Imbrium - Illidan
Paladin Class Leader