Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why do you tank?

Balsimar
Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am
I tank because... (choose which you prefer, they are both correct)


  1. the thrill of keeping a mob so pissed at me, that it ignores my friends who are poking it in the butt with sharp sticks is exhilarating. It's a natural high to know when you've done an important job well.
  2. I'm a masochist.
Adamantine
Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:09 pm
I walked by a guy playing on his laptop with his pally and he was DHS farming. I asked how he did it, which he then he showed me his gear. He also claimed that 99% of the population don't know how to play prot pallies.

I then set out to be among the 1% who know how to play a prot pally.
_________________
Valedan-Ravencrest
Ardaic
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:02 pm
Played a healbot until 67 or 68. Switched to prot because soloing as a healer was too hard. Got addicted to running with speed - was always healing non-paladins, and instances took hours. That, and my girlfriend only dps's when I'm tanking Wink

/flex
_________________
Mithos
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:53 pm
I tank because it is the role I enjoy the most, and always have done.

And because we're all blatently masochists.
_________________

Thesupreme
Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 am
I tank because of moments like last night... Crypts was the daily heroic.. and since you all probably know, it's a bitch for tankadins because of the mana-burning mobs. However, when we got to the last room, it's a pretty damn big room, with 4 packs of aoe mobs. I was like "Stand back, and don't do shit until I tell you to". So I ran into the middle of those 4 packs, popped the bubble and used Holy Wrath, ran back to my grp and tanked all those mobs.
Made me smile..
Made the healer think I was insane..
Made the dps jealous cause they couldn't aoe..(only had hunters sprinkle AoE)
_________________
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Ulushnar
Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:34 am
I tank because it's what I made this toon to do. Simple as that.

I get told off every time I threaten to spec Holy.
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

cdan
Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:37 am
I started tanking because it was the only way to guarantee an instance spot on a medium population server. I continue to tank because its far more fun than standing in the back spamming 2 buttons.
Radon
Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:36 am
I tank because i've been dpsing / oldskool ranking a warlock, a warrior then a rogue for 2.5 years and i'm sick of it.

I rolled a paladin tank(not long ago) because i find it unusual and interesting... Also i knew that i could abuse being a guild leader to avoid struggling for acceptance as tankadin Wink

Edit: My first post btw, been reading it for a long time tho. Good job!
_________________
Dapaladin
Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:54 am
I wanted to prove to all those who didnt believe in prot pallies.

As of late ive seen many many more prot pallies but not all are good or even decent.
I dunno if you've seen pallies socketing red sockets with strength but it just saddens me so Sad.
But i guess every class will have a few bad apples so i try to help all those that i can.
_________________
Jtree
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:01 am
I tank because it's a lot more fun than I had thought I could ever have with my pally at level 70.

This was my first character; I leveled ret(noob). At level 69, a hunter in my guild called on me to tank Old Hillsbrad, and despite my protests that I was retribution spec, and a Paladin, I was talked into it. My gear was crap, I couldn't hold aggro to save anyone's life, we wiped more than a couple times, and it was a whole load of fun.

I didn't want to healbot at 70, and recognized that there weren't enough tanks to go around, so I did some research, found this site, and set out to become a good tankadin. And if my guildmates aren't just being nice, I have succeeded at it. Laughing
_________________