Skip to content
Maintankadin

the achievement system SUCKS

Shamora
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 pm
The only thing I wish is that Achievements were tied to the account instead of the characters. I'm too much of an altaholic to stick to one character Sad
_________________

fafhrd
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:34 pm
Well I just found out that the achievement system isn't quite as bad as I thought:

This is what most of my Hallow's End achievements look like:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/alienangel/WoWScrnShot_102108_003007.jpg

Note the names of the towns and cities, and that I'm alliance. I wandered around various horde towns for a while, trying to sneak past the level 75 guards before giving up on them.

The Rotten Hallow one that asked me to get a quest from a horde NPC to ruin the alliance Wickerman in southshore (where I got a quest to ruin the horde wickerman in tirisfal) was particularly surprising, and probably where I clued in and decided to ask guildmates whether they were really doing the same achievements I was or not.
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
Pizbit
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 pm



_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Barathorn
Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:20 am
I am doing stuff on Barathorn, the others won't bother unless they need to. I must admit, its quite good fun exploring etc. Not to mention getting my exploring friends to pick herbs as we run around and then make a fortune selling them.

Barathorn.
_________________

Khayne
Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:03 am
I think even the guild that "is planning on making achievments part of "resume" they want from applicants", only uses the relevant information.

Say, you´re in a sunwell guild that still gears in BT, and want a few guys more but dont want to need to teach them all fights in BT.

*Check if done "Kill illidan"*

Cool, this guy has attleast been there before on kills before.

Or T6 guild wanting someone who´s done T5 too.'


Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.
_________________
djlar
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:46 am
As horde, where do you get the alcoholic beverages? I can't recall bars at horde towns, alliance on the other hand has bars everywhere (thanks to dwarves)