Skip to content
Maintankadin

Plagued and Black Proto-Drakes

moduspwnens
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 pm
I'll still try hard to get these and might, but it is a stroke of unfairness (imo) to not tell us this is happening until 3.1 is already on the PTR, at least as long as Undying and Immortal are part of the metas. As mentioned before, I could get the vast majority of the rest of these in one week, if only by wiping it until we get it, and the rest of them don't require luck or perfection. It's nothing I'm gonna flip or cancel my account over, but this is something they should have been able to see ahead of time and announced much earlier.
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Jonlo
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 pm
Glad I already got them both.
_________________
Sonic
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:24 pm
typical blizzard stupidity. It's not like it means anything if you get the achivments done when you have better gear or not. If you get down to it, people who ahve 25man gear shouldn't be allowed to do heroic 5man achievments because over gearing makes it "easier."

In the end its just meant to keep some stuff rare when there is no need to. I could care less who else has those mounts or if they were able to get them eaiser at some point. Technically shouldn't they remove the ability to get titles from said achivements also?

Removing content is stupid.
Enkal
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:12 am
"You don't have an Eternity" will most probably be our largest problem. :/

Got 4 to go for the meta in heroic mode... failed Immortal last night, damn that Razuvios!!! Evil or Very Mad
_________________
Diocaska
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:17 am
Glad I got the Plagued Drake earlier this week.

I agree that its a bit crappy that it wasn't mentioned at expansion release that they were removing them, but after ZA Bear, Hand of Ad'al and Champion of the Naaru, it follows the trend.

Even though I've got mine, I've pushed up topic on our forums to see who needs what from 10 man. Maximise runs. Sarth we've done the whole run with 8 players, and used only 4 for the kill, so thats 4 volcano blows, and everyone missing the 8 man achievement picking that up too.

Worried about people missing undying. We've had a group miss it 6 weeks running due to a badly timed DC or some bad luck. (Possibly a hint of stupidity somewhere too).
_________________

Good tankadins know all the fundamental rules of tanking
Great tankadins know when to break these rules -Passionario
mclem
Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:07 am
Disappointing, but completely reasonable. I was hoping they'd give a tier's leeway on this (since you could take BT/MH gear into Zul'Aman), but I really can't justify complaining about it; it's the right decision.
theckhd
Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 am
My only real gripe is about Immortal and Undying. The rest are do-able by brute force, wiping and re-attempting. But these are a limited-attempt offer, one try per week.

It wouldn't irk me so much if it were a personal achievement rather than a raid-wide one. I've made it through without dying most weeks, but there always seems to be that one new guy that has to learn the fights, or that random d/c that ruins it for everyone.

I also dislike the 20-man achievements for the same reason others do. I never got around to doing the 20-man OS one, so now I have to take a raid reset to skip doing 3 drakes just to finish that one. It helps that I already have my twilight drake, but it still feels awfully selfish to do a 20-man and make people sit out, along with the crappier loot and no chance at a drake.
I'm not even sure my guild would bother attempting 3 drakes without me, because I'm the only one who's ever tanked blazes/whelps, and I'm our usual raid leader. So it's not like I can even take a week off and PuG it while they go and do the 3-drake version for the mount.
_________________
Titles should stack. I want to be
Twilight Loremaster Theck, the Exalted Explorer-Diplomat of the Frozen Nightfall
Katraya
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:35 am
Yesterday I posted this information on my guild forums and then was promptly left out of a Malygos that night so they could do it with 20. Rolling Eyes

I was completely fine with being sat out, I just thought it was a bit ironic.
_________________
ARogers
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:37 am
I just wish they'd given us more time on this. If I'd known, I would've been trying the undieing and 8-man much more. Our guild is still low on DPS. On KT, I push out about 3k as ret, and our best-geared hunter is the only one that beats me.

I fear I won't get to see either of these. I do have a couple friends in well-geared guilds, so I might be able to buy my way into a couple of them, but that'd really cut down on my buying mounts. We are just now finally getting to down Malygos in 10 and 25 man!

Last night, I tried to get togethe a 2-drake run, and no one from my guild said they would go..... not a single person.

I don't know if people aren't interested or just think we suck too much.
Drae
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:54 am
Too many things are outside your control when going for Immortal - Undying is a lot easier.

I would like a black drake to go with my plagued one Sad
SellassieTanks
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 am
Well, Im not much of an achievement hunter, actually only achievement Ive gone out of my way to get was Leeeeroy when it first went live, but I have gotten quite a few as a byproduct of raiding.

I got Gotta Go When the Volcano Blows the other night while MTing Sarth....I'm at work and don't know what the achievement is. Can somebody throw me a bone please?
_________________

Nowadays people fight for equal rights, but its no longer about bein white, but instead where u sleep @ night or whether u believe in Christ.