Skip to content
Maintankadin

Prot pally boosting via instances.

Jarkeld
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 pm
been doing this to level a shaman, 2 wows running on one computer ,tabbing back and forth
1-10 solo lvling
found 10-15 DM was faster than normal lvling
15-20 through stockades is nice, you get locked out for about 20 minutes, so went and worked on my bank alt
20-42 goes SM monastery/armory
42-45 back door ulduman(kinda slow, but nothing else was better, ZF sucked)
45-55 I did UD strat, could probably go higher
55-60 took my warrior in S3 gear, gave him earshield and had him clear through ramparts and bloodfurnace with just the 2 of them, good rep, couldn't take on slavepens beyond first boss, or UB
60-66 lvling normally in outlands with my paly following behind giving heals and BoM
at 66, I tried to go BM, had a couple false starts, but got it going, however I was only getting 35k a clear, and takes about 15 minutes per clear because I have to go repair each pull, so it's not really better than normal leveling, how was the earlier 80k+ per clear attained?
_________________
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made mana people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Jarkeld
fuzzygeek
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm
A friend of mine had his druid account compromised ... turns out he'd gotten the account from a guy who got it from someone who got it from someone else ... so it's gone.

Out of curiosity I went to see how quickly I could level a character for him; the fact that I was leveling a shaman and druid and a shadow priest at the same time is entirely co-incidental.

1-8 via quests

9-15 RFC (one pulling the instance)

16-20 SFK (you can park everyone inside the front gate, and two pull everything up to the Wolf, dragging the 2nd half back to the ramparts so the characters down below get XP)

21-35 SM Cath/Armory (both of these can be done in single pulls; doing both Cath and Armory prevents you from hitting the instance limit, usually)

35-55 ST in about 9-10 hours.

Obviously, there's a trick to this.

Mijan heals.

Zolo drops a totem that summons skeletons which will attack you and then fall over dead after 30 seconds.



When they despawn they give XP.

If you bring both mobs together and stand there tagging things with Rank 1 Blessing of Sanctuary (you don't want to do too much damage, or you'll kill the two primary mobs), you'll get a level about every 30 minutes for the first 15 levels. From 50-52 takes around 40 minutes, then 53-55 are almost an hour each.

But it's basically a bottomless fountain of XP.

I brought 30 shields and a few repair bots, and stood there. I got a lot of reading done.



54 levels in 21 hours, for 4 characters.

55-60 I've done Strath.

I haven't finished leveling them yet. But at this point solo questing might be more efficient than grinding them en masse, although the SP idea is interesting. I'd probably have to 2 box my DPS warrior and a priest so would only be able to do 3 at a time, but that's probably still faster than doing them individually.
_________________
Sharlos
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Ok, I have a second account and have been thinking of doing this once I finish leveling up my hunter.

One question I have is how you position your alt. Do you keep it back while AoEing everything and then alt tab to move it closer when needed or put your alt on follow?
Haganomir
Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:52 pm
Wall of text incoming:

While the xp honestly is better most of the time spend questing I prefare to level my alts in instances. If I plan on making them enchanters/tailors thats the easiest/cheapest way to go for most of the time. If not I make a lot of money that way. Bank-alts neccesary though.

Usualy you would want to kill as many mobs, that still give xp to the alt as fast as possible. This usualy means yellow/green mobs for your alt. Going higher only makes sense if you can pull/kill more mobs than in other instances. Thats why I usualy skip Ulda and go straight to the next intsance.

If you can get a full group for 3-4 runs, its usualy better xp for your alt and you still get to keep all the items that nobody needs.

What I like doing, eventhough the xp isnt great is getting my alt teleported to the Black Temple entrance to a save spot and then do my regular grind for money there. Usualy I bring my mage to speed the whole process up but ok-ish xp and better loot than in most instances is nice to have if you want to powerlevel your alt anyway. I usualy do this and normal questing for items I need/want from 60 to 66 when I can go to BM and then BM till 69. Last level I usualy spend doing Questchains and normal instance runs I need for items I need/want again.

What also worked for me while leveling my mage for 58-64 was running Ramparts with normal groups but my pally pulling hughe groups. Its fun, its fast and you make quite a few people happy getting their loot/xp fast and secure. Most of the time I was able to convince them to stay for 3-4 runs and then got myself a new group. Rinse and repeat.

I usualy pulled everything up to the staircase, including boss. Bubble and bandage once at the spot (this also lets the castertypes come into close range). Then let the group focus down the two healer types and then aoe-away. Next pull everything up to the 2nd boss and then last boss. Took 20 minutes each run, most of the time spent running around and pulling the mobs.

My shaman is going to be my 4th char (Mage, Rouge, Warrior) I leveled that way and I realy enjoy it. The only weird part so far is that I started powerleveling to have more characters to do daily quests with, to balance my empty pockets out and now I have more gold than I can spend from just selling shards/dust and usualy skip the daily quests with all exept mage and pally.
_________________
duruk
Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:58 am
One instance that is forgotten here: BRD.

First big room and the loop around where maxwell is can be pulled as one (or near enough). There's even a couple of very easy bosses for extra loot. It's close to the entrance so just run out and reset. Rinse and repeat. It's fairly quick and I'm sure you can fit in 4-5 runs an hour. If you're killing them too quickly (so you get locked out of the instance), do more of the instance. Further in there's a room where guards have a 10 sec respawn timer, but i'm not sure if they give xp or not. But it's a huge instance and absolutely packed with mobs.
_________________
Duruk, EU-Ghostlands - Lvl70 Protadin
Syrcla
Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:28 am
@fuzzy

Did you just bring alot of green shields from AH?
and where did you have the lowbies in comparison to that picture?
Syrcla
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:29 am
Awesome, thanks fuzzy. I was worried about putting them in the hall as there are patrols that would respawn. I also was worried about the skeletons aggroing them when they spawn.

Hope I can just park them at the entrance! Cool
Syrcla
Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:25 am
<3 fuzzy!

I'm using this right now for my alt and my wifes alt....it's just silly.

Thanks!
Bereid
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:02 pm
im trying this w/o the FotC and its really not working too well. I pretty much have to keep up JoL/SoL to keep from dieing and therefore run OOM around the time when the mobs are at about 50% health =/ How are you guys not running oom with spamming max rank Consec? 4800 mana in the gear i run it in so that's not that many Consec's counting HS spam as well. I suppose i could spec my wifes druid resto and heal me but meh she might get mad ><
_________________
BubbaBill
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:44 pm
What's the max level above you that you can gain xp from. I imagine I couldn't take my lvl 20 toon out to some outlands instance. Park him somewhere safe and close to the action and go on a killing spree leveling the lvl 20 toon insanely fast. What's the max level over that you still gain xp from before the game calls BS?
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=arathor&n=bubbabill
Bereid
Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:21 pm
ok i was using max rank consec so no wonder i was OOMing so fast. I can usually just pull 2 or 3 packs now and judge wisdom and keep SoL up and be ok. I might make me another alt on my wifes account if i ever get that trinket and can seriously do this >< That ST trick sounds awesome.
_________________