I saw a youtube vid of someone kiting in a bunch of nasty's to kill the Naaru in Shatt. It was a long time ago and I don't remember what was kited in, but I'm sure they leashed whatever it was shortly thereafter.
As for the PvP 'adjustments' I've said it before--it's about the $. Not just the prize money for the tournaments--having a cash prize forces questions about parity--but also about the tv money. If they are looking to make the Arena into a 'sport' there is only one reason. Viewership. and that means tv, or at the very least web broadcasting.
In order to develop an audience willing to watch Arena Tournaments that is sizable enough to garner a tv contract, they have to develop a sense of parity and fairness. A level playing field is very important. As is variety--the top teams all having the same makeup is boring.
Poker tournaments on tv created a boom in poker players. Arena Tournaments on tv (Blizzard hopes) could do the same for WoW. But the contest has to be perceived as fair and balanced.
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/