Skip to content
Maintankadin

I want one!

Tribune
Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:18 am
Yes you do get your in game hair facial features etc.

There are a number of blocking poses.


I was in a test set for them and had my Hunter done. I tried numerous poses on my paladin too.
Aertho
Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:44 pm
From what I hear, it's inkjetted, so the colors do have a dull quality. It's not perfect, but it's novel. I'll probably get one of my druid done.
fuzzygeek
Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:46 pm
Basically they start with a pile of powder and hit it with lasers. The lasers melt the powder and cause it to solidify into the shape they have designed -- it's like ink jet printing, only in 3d.

Googling 3d prototyping finds pages like this ... http://www.3dsystems.com/products/modelers/index.asp ... where you can buy your very own 3d modeler.

Here's another one: http://3drp.com/ that actually prototypes in color.

...

And now having watched the demo video on 3drp's site, I'm kicking myself for not coming up with some seed money to buy a dozen of these and going to Blizzard with a business proposition.

This is ridiculously easy.
_________________