Im new here in the sense of actually having an account, but Ive been reading posts for a couple of months now. I currently have no pally in the states on a real server
Some of the most successful, fastest, fun runs Ive ever done were with a prot pally. When LFG, ill always take a prot pally, even if slightly under geared. I wanted to make a pally, but around that time, I got orders for my second tour in Iraq.
Here I am, Iraq, and I get lucky. Theres a guy here running a private server. I know nothing can be justified on a private server, due to the vulnerability of hacks and what not. I took the opportunity to make and learn how to play classes I never had the time to do in the states i.e. shammy, lock, and most importantly, prot pally.
Theres a bunch of downsides to this server, most notably, its like herding cats. Let me explain. The guy running it set the XP rate to like30x. Experienced players can get to 70 in about 5 hours played time. The downside is that theres a bunch of people having their first 'wow experience' here. So it feels like Im playing with a bunch of 'ebayed' toons.
For the most part, Im loving the prot pally. My gear is a little ridiculous; Im in full S2 shockadin set, with def gems and what not, so Im not in real tanking gear.
I found this site with the help of google, and Ive had my eyes glued ever since. I love reading the number crunches; I have always applauded people who take the time to figure it out.
Anywho, when I get back in May, Im defiantly making a pally, probably before I make a deathknight.





