Skip to content
Maintankadin

Being RL

fiorina
Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:48 pm
For RL thingy. Define your guild goal on a scale... from 0 - being hippie casual scrubs to 10 - Compete with Nihilum.
The more you wanna be closer to 10, the more your should keep just 30-35 good raiders in your guild. Before selecting such core, it's a good thing to use Nazi approach from time to time.
But if you are so heavily relying on mods, bosskillers etc., never think about being higher than 4 on guild scrub-o-meter. For example there was no single video or guide out when we did Patchwerk or Viscidus, how you do RL then...?
Military style guild is nice at the beginning, but more you advance, more you have to rely on individual skills, good communication, healing/tank channel cooperation, quick wipe analyze and adjusting the strategy across the classes for next attempt etc.

Regarding PvP slackers and kicking during inactivity... well. Nothing bad on occasional PvP I think. There could be a no-no for PvP had you started in October and trying to get fast progress. But as you know many people are playing this game from November 2004 and you would be totally crazy without PvP breaks or some weeks off. You will see.
_________________
Claydon
Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:37 am
Well we only raid 4 days a week, with one of them days being farmable bosses.

the guild is pretty relaxed, but i think that is our main problem when it comes to progression. the GM has constantly gone on about how people PM saying we are not progressing fast enough, but then the same people don't subscribe to raids and dont bother listening or using elixir/flasks on progressions raids.

unfortunately according to the last posters scale there are about 15 of us at about 7 on the scale and another 15 at about 3. This makes raiding difficult.

@ puss - I know not everyone agreed with your leading technique, but that sounds like the kind of RL I would like to lead my raids. I play this game for fun, but when it comes to raids i want everyone to take it serious. I don't want to spend 5 hours of my night wiping because of morons and have a lovely 40g repair bill at the end of the night.

Cheers
_________________
Damnazion
Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:59 am
Thanks for the info. I definitely need more exposure to raiding content before i begin leading.



EDIT-sorry for the big tank, ill change it
_________________
Damnazion-Blood Elf Tankadin-Llane
"Let the evil burn in my holy wrath!"

http://damnazion.blogspot.com/
Diocaska
Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:35 am
I side with Puss on this one.


When I go to raids like Vashj, and we get people who arent potting up, or throwing cores to Vashj, I have a problem.


I'm not our guilds raid leader. I generally co-lead our guilds Zul'Aman, and some of our Kara. Kara is too relaxed for a RL for us now.



My advise, find class commanders. We have them. It might not always be your best players of each class, but the ones who keep you informed, and are reliable.


You can ask in officer chat, or wispers, which mobs can be sheeped and which cannot. Let them assist marking. Same with other CC.


Its not a bad thing asking for assistance in a raid. I believe our guild benefit from class commanders.

So in short. Find the reliable members of each class, and they should follow a criteria.

They should:
Have good communication skills
Good class understanding
Assist the raid leader
Learn how their class interacts with an encounter
Monitor their classes performance


They dont need to spoon feed their class. They are your point of contact with their class.
_________________

ZA 6/6