Skip to content
Maintankadin

I feel dirty...

QuantumDelta
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:21 pm
I actually quite enjoy najentus/vashj.
I'd probably hate bloodboil/teron tho.....
Lieris
Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:04 pm
I find large scale PVP as holy is really fun (5v5 arena, BGs, world PVP).

PVE... much less so.
_________________
Lakirby
Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:30 am
I had to respec last night to make sure a Kara run could go ahead (we had 1 healer and 3 tanks sign up, and I have better healing gear than the druid tank)... Laziest raid ever. Pretty good for the rather catatonic state I was in actually, lol.
_________________

Puss
Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:37 am
I respecc DPS every weekend for fun. Man.. nothing better than to finally take revenge on warlocks for pwning you when you were a tank.

And retri is really great fun Smile I can't compete with the vengeful people in arena's ( since I got mostly PVE DPS gear that noone wanted ) , but on AV it's quite easy to end up top DPS. 5mans are fun too Smile It's a nice break from tanking, and it allows me to get some grinding done (gold) which I spend on repairs and pots during the week Smile

-Puss
_________________
Splug
Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 am
In my mind, AV is largely a test of which side has less afk, sadly. Sink into the mire of losing games and more go AFK, and the viscious cycle repeats. On Rampage, horde were losing for quite a long time, and the whole cause was the 20+ afk; a friend of mine was actually in a game with 32 AFK horde, 6 horde hiding in the tunnel because they didn't have a chance, and 2 stubborn rogues trying to ninja a tower. When the changes to the afk tagging system went in, suddenly our horde stopped afk'ing out of fear from the new system, and we won just about every game we had 40 active horde vs 35 active alliance. Eventually, the AFK brigade figured out they could get away with botting off in a corner, but not before the alliance had thrown in the towel and bumped their afk count up to 10+ per game, resulting in the slaughterfest that AV has become now.

(Slightly on topic): a good warrior knows when to call for and mark CC. It's slower, but if you can't AE tank, you have to be ready to compensate somehow.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
(Usually) Prot paladin: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splugadin
Diocaska
Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:56 am
I usually go into AV to heal, but we always seem to be missing a tank. lol.

Slap back on the tanking gear, take down Drek, and all is good.

Sometimes enjoy healing on boss fights. We use our Druid tank on Eagle boss in ZA, to reduce melee. Four healers might be overkill there, but I enjoy it.

Last nights Gruul, I healed too Smile You know you have to be worried when you outheal a holy/resto specs when you dont have a point in holy Razz

Tanking is what I play for on my paladin. But I enjoy relaxing and healing from time to time. Nothing wrong with enjoying it Very Happy
_________________

ZA 6/6