Skip to content
Maintankadin

Suggestions for Class Changes

Joanadark
Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:48 pm
In conclusion, I feel tankadins should be given Lay on Hands on a 30-second cooldown.

and layzer beamz.
attached to our heads.

I suggest you get on that right away.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
QuantumDelta
Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 pm
T5 content is still viewed as endgame by a vast majority.
There are still a LOT of guilds not in T6 instances.
Hell there's still quite a few SERVERS not in T6 instances.

Just because you've cleared something doesn't mean it's fair to raise the bar for everyone ;p


*Edit;
Lest thy be subject to the: The only 'End Game' is fought by the people competing for THE WORLD FIRST and immediately after world firsts are attained the boss has 0 value and 0 significance.
Ever.
Levantine
Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:37 pm
Everything except for Joana rawring in such an epic way that is contained in this thread fails. =( /sadpanda

Oh, and Vanifae's avatar, and by extension, Vanifae also do not fail.
_________________

Rhî
Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:56 am
If I were the class designer to decide (all can be glad, that I'm not being one), I would do an almost complete revamp of all three trees.

It's too much to make a short overview, so just take a look at it:
http://www.war-tools.com/?p=vt&i=45418
_________________
Rhî
Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:32 am
Blizzard has to do the split. Yes, every encounter should fit a special tank, but not at the prize, that the other tanks are out of the game.

Encounter, which require only one tank, should never ever contain mob skills like 'Polymorph* the MT (excluding warriors and paladins as tank), 'spellreflect' (exlcuding druids and paladins as tank) or anything else, that means an absolute monopoly.

Yes, I'm even go so far to say, that no encounter should only require only one tank.

It's a pain in the ass to see how the progress goes:
- 5 player instances: 1 Tank (20%) - 1,5 Healer (30%) - 2,5 DDs (50%)
- 10 player instances: 2 Tanks (20%) - 3 Healers (30%) - 5 DDs (50%)
- 25 player instances: 3 Tanks (12%) - 8 Healer (32%) - 14 DDs (56%)
- 25 player special case: 1 Tank (4%) - 8 Healer (32%) - 16 DDs (64%)

Every boss encounter should require at least three full tanks and sometimes up to 5 tanks. But the reality seems to be more 1-3 tanks, than 3-5 tanks.

It would have been so easy for Blizzard to give for example Archimonde 2-3 Adds between every fear, to give offtanks any sense. Tank them and burn them down fast! But no... Blizzard made a 'We love Warriors'-Encounter. And I'm worth my weight in gold in that instance, but I have seen Archimonde only 3 times in 5 months and was never allowed to tank him...

The new fear mechanism should allow me to tank him now, but you know old dogs didnt learn new tricks. Same takes effect for my raid.

At least this change in game mechanism is the right direction: Make it easier for a warrior to counter fear, but don't exclude other tanking classes. Although my opinion is, that these encounters like the old archimonde would be okey, if they would require more than one tank.

Every encounter with special abilities, which can only be countered by one special tank should have tasks for the excluded tanks. One tank encounter only then, if every tank can get the job done. Or make a rotation like Boss 1 for warrior-only, Boss 2 druid-only, Boss 3 paladin-only. But why should we wish warriors and druids the same destiny we have to suffer the last years?

What this has to do with class changes? I mean, everything! Either they tweak our skills or they make a better encounter design. If the encounter design remains like it is, our skills have to be buffed. Yes, buffed! Like the suggestions in the OP or my link to my ideas.

And i have to disagree with the statement, we would have the best tps output. In the actual end game, Mount Hyjal and Black Temple (T6), warriors are scaling better with their block value synergy than we with our spell damage non-synergy. I claim, that I'm not the worst paladin tank and my warrior fellows are doing a better tps than me. The exceptionale case are demons and undeads without silence, manaburn or any other effect, that is killing us or our tps significantly.

At humanoids, beasts, giants, dragonkins, etc. my tps is definately slightly up to clearly worse than the tps of my warrior fellows. So everyone, who says:

Ahms
Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:53 am
I just wanted to add something that I've always found interesting-

For 2 years this game only involved one tank. The most obvious reason for that is some personal bias taken from another game the WoW devs played.

Then Burning Crusade comes, and that changes. The two other tank Classes get huge tanking buffs, and fast forward months later to today and you have 3 very solid tanking Classes. There are still some things to improved obviously, but they are getting even.


So, what I find interesting...well, I should say, what I am more curious about is the changes that went behind Blizzard's doors to take away the one-tank mentality. It's still there a bit, but vastly diminished.

Did a dev get bitched out? Learned their lesson? Dropped the EQ agenda? I'd like to know Smile
_________________
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants


-Ahms of Mannoroth
0/49/12

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Levantine
Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:55 am
Well, didn't EQ fail eventually? Maybe the devs decided to distance the game from it in every way possible. I unno.
_________________