Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tauren Paladins

Panzerdin
Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Tauren Paladins

If Forsaken/Worgen were Paladins before their respective changes, you'd expect them to be Paladins afterwards as well.
Worldie
Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Tauren Paladins

Problem is, they'd be fallen crusaders, no longer being able to follow the Light or gain powers from it.

Hence, become simple people without anything to do.
Flex
Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Tauren Paladins

Panzerdin wrote:If Forsaken/Worgen were Paladins before their respective changes, you'd expect them to be Paladins afterwards as well.


Lore wise states Paladins could not become Scourge due to the plague of undeath. They had to willingly give themselves to the Lich King.

Additionally who is to say Gilnaes had a sizeable Paladin population? They were allied with but not part of Lordaeron and were more seafaring of a culture and after the second war shut themselves off from the rest of the world.
Pizbit
Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Re: Tauren Paladins

WTB Worgen Paladins, I'd re-roll for that. OKBAI.
mavfin
Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: Tauren Paladins

No, don't like Tauren. No issue with the Tauren Paladin, though.

I'll be rerolling my bear into a troll, though!
Zeianna
Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:58 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

Ever since this was rumored, I was sure that I want to faction change my Draenei over to a Tauren. The second that's possible, I'm doing it.

On a side note, I've always wanted to level a druid, but the Night Elf and Tauren starting experiences are just too painful for me to ever get through, so I'll most likely wind up leveling a Worgen druid after my paladin hits 85.
Minnerva
Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

only thing i don't like about tauren paladin is the idea of something that is sold as burgers using the light.

this will only cause laughter when you see a tauren paladin running away from a worgen "get back here you fast food burger!"
Grehn|Skipjack
Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:51 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

Minnerva wrote:only thing i don't like about tauren paladin is the idea of something that is sold as burgers using the light.

this will only cause laughter when you see a tauren paladin running away from a worgen "get back here you fast food burger!"

Minnerva, I like you and all, but sometimes you confuse the hell out of me.
Katamai
Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:06 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

It makes so much sense that Humans-turned-Worgen who are already wielding Holy Light as priests can't be paladins while cows can... not.
Grehn|Skipjack
Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:08 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

Katamai wrote:It makes so much sense that Humans-turned-Worgen who are already wielding Holy Light as priests can't be paladins while cows can... not.

Fine. Now worgens can't be priests either. Happy?
Earantur
Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

Katamai wrote:It makes so much sense that Humans-turned-Worgen who are already wielding Holy Light as priests can't be paladins while cows can... not.

Judging by GC's comment about shadowform, I'd guess that worgen priests (like the Forsaken ones) are primarily shadow priests.
crazyharry
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

A lot of people seem opposed to the idea of Tauren paladins due to Tauren having to use the light.

My current tauren main can shoot lightning from his fingers, ressurect himself and others, summon elementals to do his bidding and walk on water... using the light seems a bit of a step down from that :D

Anyway, all it is is a change from worshipping rocks to worshipping the sky, thats natural proggression if you look at human history.

(above post is intended tongue in cheek)
Awyndel
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

Ok first of all I am not one of these ppl that actually cares what his character looks like, or what their lore is. I am a tank and a raider. And from an endgame raiding perspective, that hp bonus is definetely NOT small from an EH perspective.

So there you have it, if I want to be competitive in tanking, and I do very much care about that, I will have to reroll. Rerolling itself is not a problem because it's a new xpac anyway. But the problem is I am beginning to wonder why I have all these achievements if a character is apparently a temporary flavour thing anyway.

Second problem being, what if blizz nerfs taurens or introduces race change right after I am walking around in 4.0 epic gear on my tauren. Then I am double screwed.

No I don't like this change, and if the time invested in my character doesn't mean anything, then I might as well quit the game.
Voldiir
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

crazyharry wrote:A lot of people seem opposed to the idea of Tauren paladins due to Tauren having to use the light.

My current tauren main can shoot lightning from his fingers, ressurect himself and others, summon elementals to do his bidding and walk on water... using the light seems a bit of a step down from that :D

Anyway, all it is is a change from worshipping rocks to worshipping the sky, thats natural proggression if you look at human history.

(above post is intended tongue in cheek)


Did NO ONE listen to the conversation between Aponi and Tahu?

http://www.wow.com/gallery/daniels-wow- ... 2331/full/
Lakhesis
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Tauren Paladins

Seems to me that too many people're regarding the lore as a fixed, what-was-shall-be-evermore style thing... whereas from the whole cataclysm premise it's kinda obvious bliz doesn't agree with that.

Given that taurens have an established history as a pretty spiritual bunch, I don't find it surprising that some of them would move from pure nature religions to the light philosophies of paladins/priests... only bit that jars for me is the idea of a tauren shadowpriest. It's just religious evolution, it's not like they became warlocks (which i'd regard as prettymuch the antithesis of everything the tauren are about).

Oh, and i'm currently think of Layonsteak, but i'm not really happy with it & so i'm still brainstorming =)