Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.1 PTR Talent Tree

Ranluka
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:26 am
The arguments against Divinity confuse me...

Frankly I would think this would be a awesome talent for Prot or Holy... but both are saying GG overhealing.

Did I miss something? If everyone is worried about overhealing....why do healers worry about Spell Damage? Why do Druids Hot things when they are going to get overwritten?

I'm sorry but I would think 5% more throughput on the Holys end and 5% less healing required on the Prots end would be a no-brainier... After all isn't that the point of Tanking Gear? To make us easier to heal? I'd say this makes us easier to heal don't you think?
_________________
Doogiehowser
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:37 am
I'm arguing it from a Holy perspective. I believe we don't need to increase our healing output right now through Divinity. I'm always looking for ways to increase my mana pool so the crit from the ret tree is what I'm after.

However, This could very well change in Ulduar.

From a prot perspective, I really don't have an opinion. I think we are really freaking easy to heal already. An extra 5% might relegate me to a FoL spammer 100% of the time instead of the 80% of the time currently. :)
_________________

Serelynn
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:37 am
I'm planning on taking 5/5 Divinity. It's not the best talent in the game, but it makes me easier to heal and over the course of an entire boss fight it can be a meaningful difference.

If threat turns into a problem, it might be the first talent that is dumped in favor of moving more points to Retribution. Going into Ulduar is progression and as such: survivability > threat till the place is as easy to clear as Naxx. Smile
_________________
Twilight Vanquisher Serelynn - 80 Protection Paladin of Abaddon

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts
Kracus
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:19 am
I'm heavily leaning to this

http://www.war-tools.com/t61523.html?b=905c2v552053520310231333312321501x

I was initially going to get enough to do PoJ but I'm living without it now, and I much rather have stun/fear/disorient reduction at this point.
_________________
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."