Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Taunt" as part of your threat rotation

Vanifae
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:02 pm
I don't think the pros outweigh the cons unless you know for sure the boss is not tauntable.

Even DPS wise it's like an increase of 6-10 DPS maybe, much less then 1% even at 2000 DPS which is fairly low.

I guess if you are bored.
_________________
I am fucking awesome.
Vanifae
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:17 pm
I don't see a reason to use it, I will take the loss instead of the gain.

Just feels wrong to me. But more power to those that do.
_________________
I am fucking awesome.
Minnerva
Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:20 pm
it also matters on their spec and gear composition.

sad story coming

There was a paladin that showed me how to tank and even cheered me on on everything i did. he was the one that linked me to maintankadin and invis. he would always answer my questions and gave me advise on it. on WoTLK we went separate ways on specing and gear composition. not gear difference just what we gem or the gear we preferred. i started going for strength, stam, block, hit, expertise were he started focusing on defense and stam, avoidance and hit i think. i figured that if i was having my holy shield up at all times and i was at 68% block all hits were going to be coming in anyways, might as well get strenght for BV and Block Value to lessen the damage.

at first he would laugh when he found that i pulled from a warrior saying that paladins had tons of threat. unfortunately that changed last night were i ran in after the paladin had taken the target for a bit and i Hammer of the Righteous and shield slammed it. i hit for 7k HoTR and SHield Slammed it for a crit of 12k. the target immediately turned and looked at me and started bashing on me. after the mob was dead the person who had always been a good friend and showed me everything i learned said "YOU DO NOT TAUNT OFF THE ONE TANKING IT" and continued through the run saying "we will clear this boss easy if certain paladin don't taunt off"
_________________
People I admire
===========
Slayton: "you made a paladin? Minnerva good to have you in the guild. never give up no matter what they tell you and you will go far."

Invisusira and his videos that gave me hope to keep pushing on instances.
fuzzygeek
Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 pm
The circle is complete. Once I was the student, now I am the master.

Of course you're going to generate more threat than he is, since you're geared for it.
_________________
Selinaria
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 pm
It's a sloppy way to very slightly boost threat.

I do use HoR for the extra damage sometimes but I totally feel it is a pretty marginal gain. To each his own, I will remain with Van and Tippo Wink
_________________