Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Promised stamina increase"

JUSTISE
Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 pm
I just dont like the fact we dont have as much as warriors. A lot of people that play WoW are retarded and think more STA = the choice for MTing.

Druids have the most Hp now, but obviously they get hit like a truck so more Hp dont mean much as far as melee hits. However druids do have more Hp pool to soak up spell damage so they do have an advantage over warriors n pallys.

Another thing is our libram slot vs warrior's gun slot. That is just another unfair STA advantage they have over us and in reality, Warriors are our direct competition as far as MTing. We are the closest class to them tankwise. Warriors generally have more HP (the avg decently geared warrior on my server runs around 27-30k unbuffed hp whereas the same lvl geared prot pally would only have about 25-27k). Most people still live in the past and will favor warriors over prot pallies cuz... oh this warrior has 30k hp, but the pally has 27k... we'll take the warrior to MT.
_________________
Mortehl
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 am
I should've done this sooner, but I moved this thread over to General.
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Fedaykin98
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:10 pm
If someone prefers a Warrior over a Paladin, they're probably doing you a favor; I'd rather run with someone who knows his stuff.

There is a perceptible lag time for the acceptance of a new paradigm amongst different groups. We were the best 5-man/heroic tanks in BC, and the good players knew it and loved running with us. They also welcomed us into raids, and found us to be strong there as well.

The bad players continued to kick us out of 5-man normal mode dungeons. I remember being kicked from a regular BM group that hadn't even left Shatt because the mage assumed I was a healer. He was still spamming for a tank 15 minutes later, whereas I put my own group together and we flew through it. Bear in mind that BM was probably the most Tankadin-advantaged instance in BC after Shattered Halls.

Now we've been buffed even more, to the point that a lot of raiders are casually saying that Paladins are the strongest point. Do you REALLY want to run with someone who is so slow on the uptake that they went through all of BC and now WotLK without getting the memo? Laughing
_________________
unboundarea52
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:21 pm
Honestly this is why I found a good guild.

They know I can tank, know that I know how to tank and how to prepare, they also know I'm just good at playing a pally; tanking or no.

I don't have to suffer through idiocy in order to get a raid slot. If I wanted to tank anymore, they had a slot saved for me, but I went Ret, and now they have me doing everything depending on what night of the week it is and who we have available. I don't like being holy, but I do a good fill in job of it, and I managed to already have a half lvl 80 epic healing set/Ret set (although Ret is better geared)/and tank set.

Good guilds solve problems, not create them. Find one.
_________________
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
Sober
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:53 pm
Hurray, time to stop being beat by freshing dinged 80 warriors with crafted blues beating them by 250 stamina and only have a 250hp diff >_>

yes i need to gem/enchant my naxx gear i just got, so sue me
_________________
Equitas
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:39 pm
Im teamed up with some pretty good players in my guild right now. Im doing 10 man naxx: 4 wings clear per day and a second day for Kel Thuzad and Saphiron.

I have about 33K HP buffed with about 25K armour. Our Other tank is a warrior. The healers prefer me tanking the hard hitting bosses because they say i soak up less damage than the warriors. Actually im the tank with the most HP in my guild right now which is kind of akward, that stam increase we will be getting will put me miles above the others. Im at 26.5K hp unbuffed right now, i play on loosing 1K HP for more avoidance, im only at about 89% Combined avoidance right now.

Quite honestly i have to say ive not seen an encounter so far where MAX HP is going to make or break the fight. It doesnt really matter if youre at 30K HP or at 33K HP right now for 10 man, were starting 25 man next week so ill get a better view at the situation. But right now it doesnt really make a difference which tank you pick.

Feral druids have become awefully rare though, we miss those =/

But our tanking core is made out of 5 Tanks. 3 Prot Paladins, 2 Prot warriors, and were getting a DK tank for the fun of it.

Cant wait to get that staminabuff though Razz
_________________
Lies! You just don't want us to see your super secret strat involving Voodoo Gnomes!