Skip to content
Maintankadin

Maintankadin and the Future

Barathorn
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:36 am
Well maybe use the suspension as a 1st warning, if after the suspension the poster comes back and hasn't learnt their lesson, then a ban should be inforced.

I am all for laughs with my mates, but not at the expense of Maintankadins integrity, and not at the expense of the Moderators and Admins sanity.
_________________

Brondar
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:20 am
I'd like to thank you guys for all the info and support I've received here.
This forum and your hard work are remarkable - /grats to all the community.

I may not post a lot, but I'm always here.

Good luck on this next step of your community, and you guys can count on me.

/salute
Thanehand
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:56 am
Speaking from personal experience, the thing thats turning me off at the minute is the sheer amount of posts every time I log on.

Thats not to say volume is a problem, per se, but a lot of it is speculation, or stuff that is changing daily, including the whinging and ill-informed QQing.

I'm keeping up to date on MT, but sifting through the info is time consuming and, most of the time, quite dull.

I'm praying that when P3.0 and WotLK actually hit, we'll see some more informed posts with longer lasting Theorycraft. I'm pretty useless at the theory myself, and rely a lot on the site to help me out with it. (I can understand it, just have problems doing it myself).


I don't actually blame anyone for the state of the site atm, neither the Reactionaries, and certainly not the admins. Its just the sheer quantity which changes so often, I find not worth reading.

Also, since it changes, each post then tends to derail after 2 or 3 pages, since the original topic is no longer relevant.
_________________
VikrumthePally
Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:54 am
Maybe I just get this from all the WoW people we have to deal with on a daily basis.

But imho (and this could be way off) somehow someone got word of Maintankadin.

And most of these people who come here and start QQ posts or just in general everything that is being said in this post are just people who will post once, get shut down by what Wordlie has been doing (major props for this as of late) and just move on to another site where they can wine and be heard or wine and not get their thread shut down.

So for the most part these people that do it once get shut down. But the next time it happens boot them.

I mean honestly it's not that hard. You get your post locked and it's pointed out what was done wrong, you better post with care your next time or your done.

How hard is that? Really.(this is at the people who make ignorant posts not the mods) Hopefully this would lead us to a more mature stable bunch of posts. I joined this site in April of 08 and it was as some have described here. So just in the last few months it has gotten this way.

All in all though this site is still the one I most frequent every day. I really do appreciate all the hard work the mods do. W/e you decide to do I will still be a reader.
_________________
Guillex
Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:52 am
This, btw, is all IMHO, and isn't to be taken as an attack, nor as Gospel.