Skip to content
Maintankadin

Does Blizzard Really Hate Paladins: The Movie

Vander Nars
Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:40 pm
I don't see why some people think he is wrong for bring up the history of paladins, the way the paladin class was nerfed after beta has lead to all this anti-paladin tank/dps hate that people have to deal with everyday. Yes there fixing us now but it took them damn near to the end of this bc to even fix prot and fix ret pvp somewhat, ret dps and holy pvp are broken still.
_________________
Norrath
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 pm
I rolled paladin on day one.

I'm still around... though for a long time, my paladin was sitting shelved at 60. I had no interest in playing a priest in plate back then. What I wanted when I rolled my paladin was ... well ... a paladin, a holy warrior.

I can recognize pretty much everything in these videos, except I wasn't around for the US beta. I did play in the EU beta, but paladins were pretty final there, for good reasons. Razz

These days, though, I'm actually playing what I refused to play during the time it was the only thing we could really do, even though now we can actually be holy warriors. Funny how things work out.
iliya
Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm
Wanna know what would really help? Let him know your criticisms. While he still intends to keep working on this, he sounds like the type that can take it.
_________________
Lieris
Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 pm
The colour rant was silly but then so is latching onto that one video as a reason to ignore all the others. I think they've been okay otherwise so far and I like the history lesson. Some of the crap paladins have had to put with since retail is really horrible, I can see why some have a persecution complex.

That said with Thunderjudge, Holy Shield Slam and Bubble Wall the answer is no, they don't hate us, at least not any more! Razz I just hope they unbloat our tree and make a few of the new talents attractive (* by the light talents are looking really skippable based on the current build).
_________________

Lightbeard
Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 am
next part is up
_________________


Martie
Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:45 am
I watched episode one, loved it.
I watched part 2, liked it.
I watches session 3... and quit.

Sorry, but this guy is anti-paladin and not fair, so I've decided to not spend my time on it. Even if that means I'll miss the color rant.
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!
DeadMilliken
Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 am
Honestly, I could see a point going over the history of a pally.

He's up to P6-7 of a supposed TEN PART SERIES, still crying about pre-TBC.

One of the biggest holes in his arguments is that Pallies should have been able to tank pre-TBC.

To do this Alliance would have had 3 tanks, Horde 2 (*or 3 with a complete bastardization of shaman) What instead basically happened is Pally / Shaman were kept comparible...both could tank....early to mid instances at best.

He goes on and on and ON about instant strikes...then when he finally gets to TBC in p7 he never once mentions CS.

He complains about a raid boss exploit that was fixed in 24hrs....and somehow this means the pally class could be fixed in 24hrs -_-

It is a lobsided history based on what he wanted and what quite frankly in many cases would not have been good for the game at the time.
_________________
Aertho
Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:20 am
I found a lot of the History of the Paladin class fascinating. Then he got ranty; but I really enjoyed the dissection of the ANCIENT past.