Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Successes!

Chrysla
Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Invincible: get!! Feels good knowing I never have to step into ICC again unless I really really want transmog hear for alts (which I don't!)
Klaudandus
Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:49 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

grats!
Worldie
Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Entire WoW UI uploaded on dropbox and now synced between my several pcs.

I wish I had discovered Symbolic Links years ago. Why don't they fucking teach this stuff at computer related university in shItaly???
Nooska
Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:35 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

because the teachers got their education when DOS was considered newfangled? ;)
Fetzie
Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Worldie wrote:Entire WoW UI uploaded on dropbox and now synced between my several pcs.

I wish I had discovered Symbolic Links years ago. Why don't they fucking teach this stuff at computer related university in shItaly???


Wouldn't that increase loading times if it has to fetch the UI from Dropbox (given that the UI is reloaded every time you see a loading screen)?
Shamora
Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

If I'm not mistaken it syncs to a folder on the computers. So change something and it uploads it then eventually spreads to the rest.
Worldie
Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Consider that while Dropbox files are stored online, there's also a phisical copy on every PC connected to it.

What happens is that UI is normally loaded from the phisical copy on the pc, and when I close WoW the files on PC are updated, Dropbox updates his own, and other PCs will update their own phisical copy when I turn them on.
Worldie
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:51 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Ragnaros AND Alysrazor mount in same run. Lol wut?
Era
Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:41 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Clearly the loot gods wants you to stay in the game. Grats!!
Skye1013
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Worldie the Lootbreaker.
Njall
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I have poured concrete and hung drywall. The underflooring and tiles have fallen to my reno-mightyness.

Soon, a basement bathroom with a warm floor shall be MINE!
Era
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Did you remember to hide secret and mysterious messages throughout the room for future renovators to find?
Nooska
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

and made sure that pi is a significant number in the geometry of different aspects, right?
Njall
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Era wrote:Did you remember to hide secret and mysterious messages throughout the room for future renovators to find?


Yes. I wrote The Cake Is A Lie on one wall before covering it up with sheetrock.
Era
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:26 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Internet points for you! Redeemable for cookies at the gift store.
Nooska
Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I thought those were redeemable only for cake..?
Era
Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:13 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

It's a popular misconception; that "the cake is a lie" is a lie, and that there is, in fact, cake. Alas, there is not. There is no cake. Do not pursue this any further.
Njall
Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:13 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

And I am the possessor of a fine, fine woodpile. Despite all the other crazy things I have had to do this summer, I have managed to stack up 3 cords of firewood in the driveway. A cord is a stack of wood 4'x4'x8'.

Winter is coming.

Now to finish off the subfloor in the basement. I don't like cold concrete on my toesies.
Passionario
Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Finished my MBA. 8)
Klaudandus
Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Passionario wrote:Finished my MBA. 8)


Grats!
Era
Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:35 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Passionario wrote:Finished my MBA. 8)


Congratulations! Extra congratulations considering where you got it. Got any plans for what you're gonna do with it?
(I'm currently using my BBA to teach English in Japan :roll:)
Nooska
Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:14 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I'll join in on the gratulations here :D
Njall
Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:31 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Basement drywalling. Done.
Era
Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:56 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Grats to you too!
Worldie
Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:04 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I have my first handful non-friend follower/watchers on my stream \o/

Little thing but big smile :D