Nooska wrote:I don't remember that being an issue back when I played it on my PS(1) 20 years ago, I think you have gotten hints in conversations etc
I agree. I never had any trouble on the other playthroughs when my English had progressed some more (I must've been like 9 the first time), and generally don't use walkthroughs unless I absolutely have to. Although I realise by not doing so I am missing a fair bit of content. But it just takes away that sense of exploration that I love.
EDIT: I remember being seriously stuck on the puzzle in the old Shinra mansion because I couldn't understand the English in one of the clues (I think it was the piano one, something about ivory and missing tea and ray)

but I eventually figured out (through some serious dictionary/encyclopedia work) that old pianos used to have ivory keys, and that the missing tea and ray was references to the missing keys.

And that's how I learnt about old pianos! Don't say games aren't educational!