Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Successes!

Era
Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Successfully back in Japan! The sun is scorching, but it's a nice change of pace from the "still snows sometimes" Norwegian weather.
Image
Nooska
Mon May 25, 2015 5:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

And 9 hours later; how are you now? Had a newsflash just under 4 hours ago about a quake hitting Tokyo.
Era
Mon May 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

In Osaka at the moment, so all good, thanks. :)
Klaudandus
Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Era wrote:In Osaka at the moment, so all good, thanks. :)


Image
Torquemada
Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Apparently fatassing Hanz and Franz and then having to solo tank it leads to being OP.
djlar
Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

There's a 20 DKs H Blackhand kill roaming around, yeah last night we kind of solo tanked Maidens from 20% to 0%, tank only needed to survive either Marak or Sorka, since Admiral is not tankable.
Era
Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Klaudandus wrote:
Era wrote:In Osaka at the moment, so all good, thanks. :)


Image


What's this, Japanese Adventure Time? Fanny the Human and Jess the Cat-Bird?
Klaudandus
Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

do you not know what Azumanga Daioh is? I pity you.


Also... FF7 Remake!
Image
Era
Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Klaudandus wrote:do you not know what Azumanga Daioh is? I pity you.


Also... FF7 Remake!
Image



Heard the name, not watched.

Also... I don't want a FF7 remake. :( If they updated the graphics and left EVERYTHING ELSE alone, down to the tiniest typo, then maybe. But you know they're gonna ENHANCE & MAKE BETTARS & IMPROVEDER and cock it all up.
Worldie
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:16 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

FF7 remake? Where?

(FF7 probably the hardest of all the FF I've played, also super fun and super awesome storyline, just the ending kinda put me off :\ )
Klaudandus
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:22 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Worldie wrote:FF7 remake? Where?

(FF7 probably the hardest of all the FF I've played, also super fun and super awesome storyline, just the ending kinda put me off :\ )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg
Klaudandus
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

It's all fun and games until you end up in the Bee Inn in HD
Image
Era
Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:03 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I hope they keep the dark undertones of the game. Keep everything. Just use the new graphics to make it even grittier. Pleaaaase.

EDIT: A friend of mine pointed something out. They might put in the new active battle style because they seem to have a bit of a hardon for that these days. That might just kill it for me. T_T
KysenMurrin
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I'd love to see them make a modern FF with the original combat style back in. Then again, I can't finish FF games. I finished the first few I played (VIII, IX, X and X-2) then never managed to reach the end of any others (I've played part of everything up to XII (except XI)).
Klaudandus
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:54 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

7 and 8 have been my fave
Era
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:27 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I've "only" played 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 13. Finished all except 13 where what I felt was horrible voice acting and utterly boring combat just killed my drive to keep going. I have good memories from all of them (yes, X-2 included) so it's hard to pick a favourite, but I think I'd have to say 7. It was the first one I played, and the only one I played all the way through more than once (three times). I've re-started the other ones (8 and 9 in particular) a few times, but never get more than halfway until something else grabs my attention.
Jabari
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:36 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

KysenMurrin wrote:I'd love to see them make a modern FF with the original combat style back in. Then again, I can't finish FF games. I finished the first few I played (VIII, IX, X and X-2) then never managed to reach the end of any others (I've played part of everything up to XII (except XI)).


Era wrote:I've "only" played 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 13. Finished all except 13 where what I felt was horrible voice acting and utterly boring combat just killed my drive to keep going. I have good memories from all of them (yes, X-2 included) so it's hard to pick a favourite, but I think I'd have to say 7. It was the first one I played, and the only one I played all the way through more than once (three times). I've re-started the other ones (8 and 9 in particular) a few times, but never get more than halfway until something else grabs my attention.


You guys need to play 6 - best one of the series by far. 4 is great as well.
(Yes, I grew up on the SNES. Is it that obvious? :lol: )

Klaudandus wrote:7 and 8 have been my fave


8 would have been good if it weren't for killing your wrists hitting "Draw" 100 million times (give or take) and the 10-minute summon animations. :P
Era
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:07 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Jabari wrote:You guys need to play 6 - best one of the series by far. 4 is great as well.
(Yes, I grew up on the SNES. Is it that obvious? :lol: )


Would like a port of the old FF games to phone or padlet. Maybe they've done that already and I just haven't noticed. :lol:
I don't use my phone/pad so much, so I'm not exactly up to date on games for that platform.
Klaudandus
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Wish they would also remake Chrono Trigger.
Jabari
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Klaudandus wrote:Wish they would also remake Chrono Trigger.


Hmm. My rankings of what I've played:

Best: FF6, Chrono Trigger, FF7, FFX, FF4
Good: Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FF9, Star Ocean 3, FFX-2, FF3 (GBA)
Ok: FF2, FF8, FF5, FF1

I hope I'm not forgetting something! :lol:
(Other than the first Xenosaga, which I haven't/couldn't be bothered to finish).
Klaudandus
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:25 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

God Tier: Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, FF7
Good Tier: Xenosaga III, FF8, FF6, Chrono Cross
Meh Tier: Xenosaga II and I, FF9 onward.
KysenMurrin
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

I don't know why I can't get through FF games any more, I just lose interest. It's odd, because I had no problem originally - I played 3 discs of FFVIII before starting over from the beginning and getting through the whole thing (I'd gotten really badly stuck on the last boss of the disc because my characters were super weak). But when it came to going back to the older ones, I could rarely make it more than one disc in before I stop.

Sometimes it's grindy-ness - FF2, for example, is grind grind grind because instead of levelling up characters, you have to level up every stat individually by using them (so if you need more health and defense? You go into a few dozen random battles and let weak mobs hit you over and over).

I always liked FFIX. I think I played it to the end twice, the only one I managed to do that with.


Not sure how I feel about FFVII remade in a photorealistic style. It looks very good, but it doesn't look like FFVII.