Skip to content
Maintankadin

How many people have you convinced that Tankadins are great?

Daeren
Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:39 pm
Everyone except two people I tihnk. They prefer to go BT/Hyjal with 3 prot warriors and one feral druid, and they don't want prot paladins because "we're the least survivable and we bring the least to the raid". 3 prot warriors, 0 ret palas, 0 prot palas. Ye sure, we bring the least to the raid.

Their mages that ran some raids with me said they wanted to marry me and wondered why the f their guild didn't have any prot paladins.

The rest, they never say no for a tankadin after a run with me.
_________________

Jarion
Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:43 pm
My favorite is this:

"Are you sure you put it on heroic? I was expecting it to be more difficult."
_________________
aureon
Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:06 am
uhm..
my guild, and some hundreds of random ppl in PuGs (stay for 4 months in a non-raiding guild, play 5-6 hours a day and see what happens)
my fail was another guild. they won't see me tanking more than Moroes.
then i changed guild and tanked VR. then i came to kara and tanked moroes without CC/OT (BoS trick, before the nerf).
god i hate the newbies.
_________________
Tankadin
Holy is too easy.
Prot PvE by ever.
Ret PvP by TBC.
Uthadanin
Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:27 am
Opinions changed, everyones. All opinions changed to good ones, not always.

But on my server I have tanked instances well below level without a problem, even going so far as to tanking lvl 72 elite non-herioc bosses @68 (all of steamvaults and all of shadowlabs upto but not including murmur.)

I get whipsers all day long asking to tank stuff. (and heal too, as I switch back and forth for guild and I have been told I am an excellent healer).
_________________


Currently lvl 69, 10.5k+ unbuffed hp, 10.7k+ unbuffed armor, 471 defense.
Oriax
Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 am
I'd say mostly pugs I go to heroics with. Guild itself really cba and always (sofar) take other tanks to everything, or bluntly state in g-chat "no, we don't have enough tanks..".
At which time and time again have to answer and say "I'm here, I'm prot, I've been here 1 month now, apply was for tankadin-position. When will people learn ?"

Have no idea why they even posted that they we're looking for a tankadin
_________________
Ulushnar
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:02 am
I didn't really have anything to prove. My group needed tanks and they were willling to let me go for it, and I earned their trust, as well as a reputation for insane aoe pulls that the DPSers love.

I so rarely group with anyone outside that group that convincing others is a non-issue.
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

Maethoriel
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:10 am
Most of the players i have grouped with.
Those that are not convinced stay with their belief:
"looks like XYZ was nerved to hell, a paladin can tank it with ease".

funny thing zul'aman has yet to be nerved, and i tanked it with ease.
_________________
ricmrune
Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:41 am
Most people I have pugged with say I tanked well. The only ones I have issues with are those who aren't used to fast chain pulls. 95% of the time they get the idea. When they see a pulling <%t> emote they'll be ready.

One H SP was particularly bad. I wouldn't get a heal until I'm at half health bc the healer isn't paying attention. Then the mage wouldn't sheep a mob until it was hitting me. I ask for a sheep when there are double caster groups. I got so pissed off from the wiping that I gave a ready check for each pull. I also made each dpser use their cc abilities. So there was a sheep, succy and trap, even for the lobster packs at the end. I hope they don't like me bc I never wanna group up with them again.
_________________
RICMRUNE - Paladin (Windrunner)

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Ricmrune
Brawlking
Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:03 am
Anyone who groups with me sees The Light. And I dont mean the Light that fills me with Holy power.
_________________
Why is a gun better than a woman? You can put a silencer on a gun...