Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do warriors care about being OP?

Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:16 am
Tell me, how do healers disagree? I've been healing since forever and I still often spec holy. I'd much rather use a druid on a hardhitter then a warrior. I never ever ever see a wellgeared druid tank die to parry spikes or any other damage spike. If a warrior is unlucky on 1 parryspike he eats a 15k crushing and is basicly dead. You might refer to the fact that druid damage reduction stops at some point and all they can do is increase avoidance. I still think it's easier to heal a feral tank over a warrior, but that depends on fight mechanics aswell I guess.
_________________
Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:18 am
Damnit stop quoting me just before I edit my post, makes me look stupid=P

*edit* Yeah, in the end a druid takes more damage but effective health makes up for it.
_________________
Nicos
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 am
As long as the thing isnt hitting me, I dont care how much mana I spend keeping the tank up. Smile
_________________

Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:26 am
I'd like to add that warrs aint OP and they have their limits, hell every tanking class could do with a bit of work IMO. I mean, bam 16k crushing on warrior thats keeping shield block up fine(parryspikage). How is that fair. Im talking endgame here. Just as the latency between holy shield can screw you over good when tanking a BT boss. Ferals can absorb em but still taking 6 in a row(randomness ftl). They should just remove crushings and change it to make it interesting again.
_________________
Nicos
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:31 am
My problem with the tanking trio is that Druids Feral tree makes them useful as both a tank and dps, whereas warrior and paladin protection tree make them like a brick wall: Able to take a beating, but dont really do anything else.
_________________

Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:32 am
What is this mana issue you speak of?=)
_________________
Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:36 am
Ah yes, CoH on Gurtogg, pulling aggro from the tank. Going through insane amounts of mana and outhealing me by 250%(as holy)?
That was pretty impressive.
_________________
Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 am
I'd like to see something along the lines of a passive sunder or TC effect that stacks up to max effect as you block their attacks. Non-stack ofc. Maybe slightly less effective. Add it to HS to limit the effectiveness for aoetanking.
_________________