Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dumbest thing you have done tanking stories :-)

Worldie
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 am
healer: Worldi how comes you are taking so much damage on those packs today?
me: meh dont know, maybe i'm lagging and getting them on the back

*we get at netherkurse*
*healer inspects me*
healer: but what you need +heal to tank for?

My itemrack fucked on the entrance, i basically was wearing healing gear with tank weap + shield. *sdeng*
_________________

Gowron
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:54 am
More Tanking-Healing switches.

In the hallway up to maiden, I noticed that my Shield was rectangular, strange...I thought the Shatar-shield was circula...oh shit.

And the strangest part was, no wipes on attuman and moroes, although I had the Crystal Pulse Shield and the Gavel of Light (with 40 spelldamage) equipped.

(CPS and GoL are in another bag, so I forgot to exchange them)

After I told this in /o, they keep calling me OP, and are vouching for a Gowron-Nerf Wink
Aeverius
Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:37 am
Helping a friend farm some Strat Holy water yesterday (yes, for his tankadin's epic mount), I managed to:

Get us wiped by pulling 20 mobs in my damage gear while he was drinking in another room
Get us wiped by not realizing that LoH won't work if you're trapped in a crypt fiend web thing (l2BoF)
Get us wiped by DS'ing myself while trying to taunt off him

All sorts of fail right there.
_________________
lirael
Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:55 am
Silly DPS aggroed a mob off my back and manages to get hit pretty bad.
I taunt.... nothing happens so i BoP the idiot using the targettarget macro.

unfortunetly the mob was already targetting me so i BoP myself, the DPS got killed, i laughed and he asked:"why on earth would you do that!" thinking i did it on purpose to teach him a lesson.
_________________
Paladin 70
Snake-Aes
Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 am
Hum, mine was to use CC in a instance I was just on the level ceiling(ub) :p DIdn't have time to commit some hilarious mistake. My healer then was quite amused and pulled himself all wasps and fen rays at once O.O
_________________
Iliria
Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:18 am
Wasn't tanking at the time but seal of blood + fighting prince....umm yeah not a good idea
_________________
Suikano
Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:29 am
I'm supposed to be able to pick out just ONE particularly stupid and embarrassing moment? For giggles, the last pack of 4 mobs before pathaleon on heroic mech, I remember killing 3 mobs, the rogue was down from the fight with the destroyer, and we lost the shadow priest as well during the fight, (it started off bad), I'm thinking, I don't see the 4th, they must have taken care of it. Two seconds later the druid dies and I see the 4th mob coming at the healer, we take it down, but I was feeling pretty stupid that I let a far ranging fear allow a guy to die.
_________________
Oramac
Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:09 pm
dumbest thing i did so far was pull prince with salv on and forgot to re-up RF. funny thing was, i didnt notice till AFTER he died. o_O

also, AOEing Naxx trash is fun.
_________________
Zeels
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:18 pm
Accidentally hit bubble when trying to disengage at prince. I had a bad hang over as well, so I didn't notice until half the dps were dead :s

Got him to 3% that try as well :s
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!