Skip to content
Maintankadin

[spoiler]Iron Council

Niemen
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 am
So many classes got their damage reduction cd's, you cannot really expect challenging fights that are focused on tank survival to ignore that fact (or they would not be challenging at all for a guild that uses them). Actually, i like that mechanic, it is new and it makes use of some nice features of a paladin (at the moment, most of my guild does probably not even know what i am talking about when i mention "hand of sacrifice/Divine guardian is up"). Perhaps these fights favour DKs a bit too much and it might force tankadins into the role of the support tank in such fights, but i certainly would not mind some fights like this - you have your niche in it and you are not screwed even if you have to maintank him.
sherck
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:05 am
Can we move this to a forum specifically for discussing the raid instance?

I sort of want to go in cold and I started reading this before I realized it was about Tier 8.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
_________________
------
Thad, Current Toon = Blood Elf Pally Bloodprince on Altar of Storms
Panzerdin
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 am
No such forum exists.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Doloth
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:00 am
I was under the impression that the [spoiler] was enough to indicate that you should enter this thread with caution Confused.
Orms
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 am
I was with a nice little pug who downed them on 10 man. Not very hard at all. I was expecting ulduar to be a little tougher even on 10 man than naxx was. I guess blizzards new approch to PVE content is to make everything easy with some hard mode fights.
Worldie
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:23 am
Zironic got a very valid point there.

The progression is made so that you don't need 25 men raids to do 10 men. This means, who does 25 men ones is obviously advantaged on 10 men ones.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Panzerdin
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:41 pm
The people who are/should be doing 10s are no different, or less skilled, than those doing 25s. They just have less time. I very much doubt there's a correlation between intelligence and time spent playing.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Panzerdin
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:54 pm
I know, but people in general seem to assume that Ulduar-10 will be clearly easier than Ulduar-25 at the intended gear level, and I simply don't see why that should be the case.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?