Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Target Dummy

mclem
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:56 am
I'm told they're in some bit of Ulduar that's currently unused for testing.

One thing that crossed my mind that I'd quite like - although I'm not sure if it would go with Blizzard's mentality about such things - is for these guys to be implemented in a small 5-man instance (with the numbers involved adjusted to make it reasonable) and create survival achievements for them - "Survive 3 minutes against Tankwerk", "Survive 5 minutes"... - and so on.

Could include some sort of mechanic where DPS done to them slows the rate of increase of their DPS to stop you from necessarily stacking the raid with healers.
Kelaan
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 am
A duelable dummy that fights back would kick butt. Even NPCs that you could duel (of varying classes) would rock, but that's a bit more work.

Most importantly: We all agree this is valuable. Ask for it in the Tanking forum at Blizzard.