Skip to content
Maintankadin

We're doomed

Agravaine
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:03 am
Holy Paladins can't be uncrushable without Holy Shield, block rating may be easier to stack than other things, but 30% is alot to make up for.

I would like Redoubt to be 5% passive block and 25% proc block, because I'd like to have a bit more flexibility in my gear and maybe someday take off that 5.3% block rating libram in favor of something else.

Also, with 8 Holy Shield charges, redoubt is more or less superfluous for AE tanking. Basically, I have to spend 8 talent points to get Shield Spec, and I'm not happy about that.

Ret Aura is almost completely useless, btw.
Pizbit
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:25 am
Argh, too many saying remove redoubt entirely! Because they want their shield spec, well duh, why not switch them around, make shield spec the pre-req for redoubt.

WTB posting rights.Sad
jere
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:05 am
There are plenty of encounters where the raid takes damage regardless of the tank. Concentration Aura would be useful in those situations if it makes sense to use it over Devo/Resistance auras (or in addition to).

A lot of it also comes down to playstyle. People handle adds/abilities different based on their raid composition and competency. Who is to say which way is right when various methods work well.

Personally I see more use for Concentration than Ret aura, but honestly, it really comes down to personal choice. They offer very different utilities anyway.
_________________
Gregarious
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:53 am
yea i made a dumb mistake, i went to log on today and it started downloading the patch, got me all excited, of course i come to find out later today it was strangly just a update to the ptr. wow... i feel like a tard.
_________________
Gregarious - 70 Paladin - Keal'thas

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

CC = Continuous Consecration.
Crowd Control is for Warriors.
Kitara
Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:02 pm
I'm one of those people who said redoubt is pretty much junk... since to be honest at level 70 it is. Just like the damage of retribution aura is a joke when non solo grinding at level 70.

Personally I find the 5 points in redoubt pretty much crippling if you want shield spec and I don't see why people who actually spec for full protection like it at all. I do see a small benefit for redoubt for solo holy paladins though but it's hardly critical. Best 5 points to replace to add a new talent if you ask me.
Shamas
Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:10 pm
How about a Spiritual Attunement buff deep in the prot tree?
_________________