Skip to content
Maintankadin

Haters say the darndest things!

Daedallus
Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:48 pm
even if the warrior tells you hes less geared than you, hes still gonna take your mt job if its offered to him. Sad
_________________
Pillze
Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm
Not that one IDT, he doesn't really like to tank, and I was recruited as a tank. So my job is secure for the most part.
_________________
Eloff
Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:08 am
That reminds me of the heroic mech pug I joined the other day. One of the players was inspecting me and said, "I bet you made a warrior /cry when you got that chest!" (Pantha'zar Breastplate!!!)

It's even funnier because it's true. I'm the first one in my guild to take it.
_________________
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct


Aurica
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:14 am
I have a healer who come up to me and said, and that by aoe taunting, I'm not training future healers how to heal and they become complacent because they only need to heal me.
_________________
Sinfonian
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:16 am
My favorite was when there was a new app to my guild, who hadn't yet seen me in a group or in a raid.

He began asking in /g if I could heal his heroic Shattered Halls group. I responded with the following:

"Healing? Is that the thing where I take some sort of severe beating and hope that someone else restores my health before it reaches 0? Yes, I can do that."

To which he responded with something along the lines of "I don't think a paladin can solo tank a heroic like that. Let's get a backup tank so you can offheal too."

I ended the debate with 2 things- 1) Saying that if a paladin tank couldn't do that then all those other times must have been flukes, and 2) tanking the smoothest heroic Shattered Halls he'd ever seen.
_________________
Someday I'll eventually log out in gear I actually tank with.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Sinfonian
Belldandi
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:05 am
My favorite response when people ask me to heal is "Sorry I failed healing class in Paladin School, but I did Ace AP Tanking Wink"

Solthas
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:22 am
Well I've gone through yet another two guilds (Worst luck ever, and I'm not very accommodating for incompetence). Most recent was my first gkick, primarily because I respecced prot (had joined guild while holy but had clearly informed GM of my intentions). I posted on the forums beforehand about specs in response to someone asking a prot pally one, a few hours or so later it was deleted and replaced with:

Vanifae
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:27 am
I rarely hate online personalities, but Awake is the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the pleasure of sharing online space with.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Guillex
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:46 am
Awake obviously wears the horse-blinders ... And has never heard of Linadillar, or any of the many other prot paladins who are MT/OTing end game content.

Anyways. People like that make me glad I rolled paladin. It just means I have one less asshole to deal with.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint