Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is the epic flyer really worth 5,000g?

Jedah
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:53 am
I am the stingiest guy ever; I waited until i had over 10k gold before i ever bought my epic flyer on my main toon and i had 3 lv 70's already.... needless to say, once i bought it i don't know how i lived without it.
Zironic
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:54 am
Once you go epic you never go back
Vioarr
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 am
I don't know how Runecloth sells on your servers, but on mine it sells for 9-10 gold a stack. Farming Strat now has never been more fun (and profitable)!
Kamonorin
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:48 am
I bought an epic mount for my warlock (main at the time). Then my tankadin, because it was my main. I couldn't stand playing my other level 70's(gathering professions) so I bought them epic mounts too! (4 total).

Yes, it's worth it.
Eanin
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 am
Stuff you can do for money that is different:

AoE farm
Dailies
AH buying and selling
Gathering

Basically, I go back and forth and do all of these things. It's a lot better than just doing one. I can't really do the same one more than two days in a row without going crazy. Smile
_________________
Torquemada
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 am
I didn't mind the 5000 gold the first time, before we had more than 10 dailies a day. I didn't mind for the Mage, because I could do 10 on the Pally, too. Doing dailies for the Warrior while doing them for the Pally to buy mounts for achievements is wearing on me, tbh.
_________________
shindo1234
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:06 am
im so mad at myself i manganed to save up 1.5k gold to my epic mount
but when 3.0 came out i suddenly found my self spending it all on other mounts Evil or Very Mad
now i need to start from scratch and i want my epic flying so bad.
Kroda
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:10 am
yes

nothing changes your gameplay like the fast flyer

it will increase your ability to make money and save you so much time, it isn't even funny
_________________
moduspwnens
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 am
Yes, especially now knowing how big Northrend is, that gold won't inflate nearly as much as in TBC, and that Cold Weather flying is the same cost regardless.

Plus all the cool mounts are epic flyers.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Shoju
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 am
I actually just dropped the 900 for my mage who just dinged 70. this dropped me to just under 2k on my quest to get my epic flyer. But, I figure with 3 toons at 70 with flyers, I can easily do all the dailies on the isle with 3 toons, and the outlands SSO dailies on my mage and have it really quick.

I'm 1 eternium ore from the mats for the epic chopper. I plan on having the mount very soon.
_________________
My Paladin
Personally MT'd: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {1/6 ssc}
GUILD: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {6/6 ssc} {3/4 TK} {4/5 MH} {3/9 BT}
Khisvir
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:00 am
Ogrila Dailies?

Where are those?
_________________