Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blood Elf Paladin, Too Many?

Grimmal
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:29 pm
The only problem you'll find with playing a BE Paladin is that people have finally realized how much fun a paladin can be at max level. Sure leveling them might suck, but once you get there you get a pretty good healer, a great tank, and a decent dps'er. Because of that, there are more paladins in general regardless of your faction.

Past that, if you can play half decent you shouldn't have a problem finding a guild that wants you in it.

Targonis
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:26 pm
Arthas is pretty solid, runs good Kara pugs for when you hit 70 so you don't really even need a guild just some friends to get it done. We also have a regular influx of alts and new players running regular/easy heroics.
_________________
Baeric
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 pm
I'm actually interested in this thread as well as it fits my situation perfectly. I want to roll a prot pally, but I've played alliance since launch and would like to change it up this time around with the horde. If I had the choice I wouldn't roll with a belf, simply because they are so completely over-populated. Never having rolled horde before, I don't know what the general atmosphere is within the faction regarding blood elves and, specifically, blood elf paladins.

Generally speaking, will a blood elf prot pally encounter more problems getting into groups and raiding guilds than their alliance counterparts because they are potentially overpopulated? I realize that all one has to do is prove themself to the right people to be accepted, but am I already at a disadvantage rolling a belf? Like I said, I'd like to roll horde, but I'll just stick with alliance if the blood elf paladin is A) too overpopulated and/or B) the brunt of too many jokes among the horde. Thanks for humoring my questions!
Samuelus
Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:15 pm
at least on suramar there arent that many BE.. and yes there is a shortage of GOOD prot paladins.. it will take you a bit to prove you can tank H SH without problem and still aoeing full rooms.. BUT once you do.. the whispers wont stop...
_________________
Meliora
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm
I did the Firetree thing on horde through BWL, alliance for everything after and remember what a great server it was. Now it is just all kinds of fail, some awesome players trapped on a back water server Sad
_________________
djlar
Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:00 pm
I don't know what I prefer, a gayish Blood elf Pally, or a fugly Tauren Druid in bear form... ewww, not much to choose from huh?
Novariety
Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm
You wouldnt want to roll a BE prot pally on Thaurassian as every 2nd BE pally is prot and every 2nd horde is a BE. I think they actually out number the alliance theres that many of them.
_________________