Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.1 Glyphs

Zironic
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 am
I've been thinking about these new glyphs a bit and I don't like where this is going.

Glyphs are meant to be optional but in 99% of cases if you force a tank to choose between survivability or TPS he'll choose survivability, it's not much of a contest.

That means things like the warriors new shield wall glyph, last stand glyph, our new Divine Plea glyph etc are non optional.

There's no real choice involved. They said they disliked pre 3.0 almost all tanks talent points were tied up in survivability and now they're doing the exact same bloody thing to tanking glyphs.

Survivability should imo be baseline and not glyphable so that glyphs can become interesting choices between tanking preferences.

For example SoV vs Judgement vs HotR is an interesting choice, Divine Plea vs any of the former is not.
_________________
Agamemnoch
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:30 pm
I'd love to see a "Glyph or Lay On Hands" When casting LoH, 50% of your max health heals the target directly. The rest produces a heal over time effect for the remaining 50% + 10% over the next 8 seconds.
_________________

Armory Link Above
loladine
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:08 pm
i just saw this on world of raids please explain

Glyph of Last Stand: Now reduces the cooldown of Last Stand by 90 sec.

?
Arcand
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:18 pm
We think it's just a mistake, but we're probing it for hidden meanings of course. Smile
_________________
Everything in war is very simple. But in war, even the simplest thing is difficult.
Sharlos
Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:26 pm
I'm pretty sure it's a mistake seeing our glyph of holy light is in the priest section.

I think it's because the guy who posts these changes doesn't play a paladin.
_________________
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Griffonheart
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:29 am
The glyphs pretty much is how Blizz fix games instead of enhancing it. At the moment, only DK has three variety of tanking styles, that alone already give them a lot of freedom in choosing their tanking glyphs. I hope other 3 could do the same.
MonkH
Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 am
was testing divine plea last night and the buff kept refreshing on melee hits but it wasnt giving mana between the refreshs unless i missed an attack

so this needs fixxing
_________________
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin