Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.1 Glyphs

Sharlos
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:34 am
Holy paladins specced into JotW alreay do, sure it's not auto attack but for a perma divine plea with no penalty, why the hell not?
_________________
I hate signatures, but i love irony
ertss
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 am
With the added mitigation oriented glyph to Paladins and Warriors,
I see a possible surge of boss damage in the coming patch.

Warrior get the 1 minutes shield wall and paladins get the 30 seconds cd mini shield wall.

Although the new shield wall glyph reduces the damage reduction of the
skill by 20%(from 60% to 40%), along with the double shield block I
think protection warrior will be overpowered.
Ashmadai
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:20 am
What is this 30 second CD mini shield wall you're referring to?
Jasari
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:59 am
In regard to glyphs in general, I'm very happy to see blizzard adding quite a few new and useful ones in, and I expect even more to come before 3.1 goes live. Up until now there have basically been 3, maybe 4 glyphs that are useful for each class/spec when raiding. There were no hard decisions to make when choosing glyphs.

I like that it looks like they're starting to add some mitigation glyphs, single target threat glyphs, and AOE threat glyphs, meaning people need to decide what glyphs are most important for the task at hand.

I hope they fix they change the HoSalv glyph to something that isn't quite so situational. I like the idea of it but I think it'd be much better on something like Freedom.

We'll see what happens, I think it's clear that blizzard plans to spend a fair amount of time on the PTR before 3.1 goes live so I'm sure that what we see now is quite different from what we'll see a month from now.

[edit]

And what is our 30 sec CD Shield Wall?
Voldiir
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 am
I don't think I'll be willing to drop my threat... If the different tank classes are still gimmicked in any way, ours is a lot of threat/dps. I like that. Knowing that the raid will do like 500 more dps by having me tank instead of someone else. Probably more if people have to hold back at all with a lesser tank, and believe me, I know people that do.

I'm thinking Glyph of DP, Judgement, and SoV. Judgement and SoV both effect our single target threat. HotR is for a trash tank. And honestly... It's been a while since I've even used RD as a taunt. Only when HoReck misses.

If we absolutely need more survivability from a glyph, then I think there is something wrong. We are already the least spikey, easiest to heal tank. Divinity will make us even easier to heal if we pick it up. I say take what you're best at and make it better.
_________________
Soralin
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm
The solution is simple. Change the wording on DP (for all specs) "reduces your effective healing done by HL, FoL, and Bacon by 50%. Lay on Hands really shouldn't be affected by it - JoL really shouldn't be affected by it - neither should consumables.
_________________
:: Soralin ::
bub64882
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:36 am
Please forgive me, I'm incredibly slow...

Does the DP change actually discourage Holy Paladins from engaging in melee? That's dumb.
_________________