Skip to content
Maintankadin

Daily LOLCats :: The OFFICIAL sticky.

dbags
Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:20 am

Obama a Muslim?

This had been bugging me for a while, and had no clue where else to put it.

I recently read (in Newsweek or some such thing) that ~11 of the country believes that Obama is a Muslim - despite one of the biggest news stories on him over the last few months was about his Christian minister.

I also was recently talking to someone who said that they would not vote for him simply based on this, which she took as fact. Now, I don't know which is more galling - that around 1/10th of the US can't seem to make a pretty blatantly obvious connection or that it would be an issue if he were Muslim (and I have a hunch that a majority of that 11% would). I guess I should be used to this kind of thing from this country, but it pains me every time.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=Bubblefet
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=Dbags
seregul
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 am
Perhaps they feel it is more socially permissible to say "I won't vote for him because he is a muslim" than to say "I won't vote for him because he is black."
_________________
Glossolalia coats my skin,
Glycerine and Turbulence.
Benihime
Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:39 am
Maybe they think he's a Muslim because they see out of context thread topics like "Obama a Muslim?" and don't actually read the thread.
_________________
Sabindeus
Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:30 am
90% of all statistics are made up.
_________________
Dorvan
Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:37 pm
I wonder what percentage of Americans believe that the opposition party is the embodiment of pure evil and the pundits of their own party are incapable of lying or misleading folks?
_________________