Skip to content
Maintankadin

Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall
Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:17 am

Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Conduct Thread Necromancy.
Njall
Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall is not allowed to call LFG "Safari-land" and pretend he is a tour guide. It gets Nessgnwary all cross and he is wearing the wrong hat anyway. He is allowed to charge 300 gp for the instant queue. Soliciting favors from Moonguard LFGs is also unwise... especially if they offer them!

Njall is not allowed to talk about Lawnmower Man while in the Everbloom Dungeon. Especially not the bit about being god.
Arnock
Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall wrote:Njall is not allowed to call LFG "Safari-land" and pretend he is a tour guide. It gets Nessgnwary all cross and he is wearing the wrong hat anyway. He is allowed to charge 300 gp for the instant queue. Soliciting favors from Moonguard LFGs is also unwise... especially if they offer them!

Njall is not allowed to talk about Lawnmower Man while in the Everbloom Dungeon. Especially not the bit about being god.




It's alive!
Skye1013
Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Funnily... I was thinking about you a couple days ago, Njall. Welcome back!
Njall
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:03 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

I don't know wether to be flattered or frightened. I'll settle for flattened then.

Ugh. Reading endless Flat Stanley books to the boy. The Canadian Expedition one is a particularly egregious stack of stereotypes. Skiing. Mounties. Snowboarding. Igloos. Inuit. Hockey. And an 'ugly canadian' sidekick. Excessive eh-ism.

That said, Njall is no longer allowed to use any farm related inuendo when discussin the Tillers around the wife. She finds the idea of ploughing pandaren distasteful. Reap is similiarly not allowed. Reap is never allowed.
Skye1013
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:09 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

I was on another forum and read a reply to a necro'd post about "the old guard" and it got me thinking about the old guard around here... which included you. :)

I do wonder why you chose flattened as opposed to frightered though. I mean... I guess if you want to be equated to pancakes, then it's fine.
Njall
Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:55 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Tank. At least in LFR. Tourist tanks keep taunting the bosses off me and not swapping. Then they die. I do the mocking jig on their bodies.
Delphineas
Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:57 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall wrote:Tank. At least in LFR. Tourist tanks keep taunting the bosses off me and not swapping. Then they die. I do the mocking jig on their bodies.

Meh, that's somewhat why I quit wow again. First week I did highmaul was ok, until last boss. My old GPU couldn't cut it, had maybe 4 fps. Ended up getting vote kicked because I sucked at old content. In January.


New card comes, go back in. People zerg the damn fights without making sure people know the fights. Or tanking assignments. Or even saying hi.
Passionario
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall! Welcome back, I missed you. :)
Njall
Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:46 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Passionario wrote:Njall! Welcome back, I missed you. :)


Image
Barathorn
Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:18 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

I felt a disturbence in the force, as if something ancient awoke.
Njall
Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:52 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Barathorn wrote:I felt a disturbence in the force, as if something ancient awoke.


Something something ancient.
Something something Darkside.
Njall
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall is also not allowed to let his 9 year old tank LFR while he plays Plants Vs. Zombies 2 on the iPad mini.
Snake-Aes
Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Do tabletop rpgs count? If so, Snake-Aes is no longer allowed to respond to being on the pointy end of 20-ish archers by tearing a Pew off and using it as an improvised tower shield.
Era
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Pew as in church bench?? I've never done much tabletops or DnD style things, but I always love hearing about people's stories. Always seem to lead the most interesting places. Like 20 archers in a church! ^^
Snake-Aes
Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:12 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Yes, church bench. Our group was on pilgrimage, mostly following our priestess since it was due for her and we wouldn't just leave her alone when we were wanted criminals for reasons mostly not relevant to the characters. Pathfinder game, level 10 characters.

A couple vigilantes tracked us down and brought a small company to take us down in one of the temples she visited. A couple dozen people, mostly archers, blocked the exit and opened fire. Kali, my warrior who at this point had sort of a (well-deserved) reputation for being unkillable, proceeded to tear a pew off the ground and charge them using it as cover. It worked, and the ensuing battle also served to demonstrate again why she deserves the reputation: after she dropped the shield she was targeted by almost everyone of them. At the end of the battle we counted roughly 60 shots aimed at her. Most would take all 60, she only took some 15, which together dealt around 200 damage. She was visibly wounded (brought to -15 hp), but kept on fighting and survived. Primarily locking them down so the rest of the party could explode their faces.
Era
Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:49 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Love it! I think I'd love being a GM or DM or whatever (in the games that have those), but as for the actual playing of the games themselves, I just really love watching and listening to the stories that spin out of them. Wonderful. ^^
Snake-Aes
Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

The four characters have distinct features that are becoming a recurring joke already. Kali's is her sheer strength and capacity to take damage, though that's only complementary to what she's best at. A couple months before she survived 3 consecutive slittings of her throat, and between the two she got swallowed by a purple worm and cut her way out dragging her friend along.
Specter's distinctive feature (alchemist) is his evident glee whenever something explodes. Vajra's (cleric gunslinger) is how whenever she's not busy hammering people around and then shooting them she's conjuring naked elf ninjas (spiritual ally... desna and her angels)
Sabindeus
Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

fucking space butterfly
Njall
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:36 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Sabindeus wrote:fucking space butterfly


I think I saw that on deviantart at one point.
Njall
Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:31 am

Re: Things Njall is not allowed to do while tanking

Njall is not allowed to mention he likes the Druids comic in vent. Apparently, worgen and tauren DKs and druids having teh sexxors makes people feel icky.