Skip to content
Maintankadin

Breaking Bad

Nikachelle
Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 am

Breaking Bad

I'm like... years late to this party. Started watching Breaking Bad last month and devoured all five seasons in the span of about four weeks (and it only actually took that long because I tried to draw out the last season as long as possible because I just didn't want it to end).

So the next step was to order the Blu-ray box set.

Image

It just arrived. /pets it

And it has commentaries on every single episode. My level of excitement is off the charts right now. OFF THE CHARTS.

/squeals
KysenMurrin
Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Breaking Bad

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot the final season DVD was coming out. Will buy tomorrow, I guess!


Yeah, this is easily the best TV drama I've ever watched. Amazing television, and just keeps getting better. The first half of season five is a really incredible example of just constantly ratcheting up the tension with each episode. It almost got difficult to watch the sustained tension over that long, but thankfully they slowed it down again at just the right point for episode 8.
bldavis
Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

ill..uh..brb

i need to update my xmas wish list!
Sabindeus
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Breaking Bad

objectively fantastic television...

much like The Wire...

also a show about drugs...

x_x
Sabindeus
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Breaking Bad

this thread is now for gifs

Image
Amirya
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Breaking Bad

I have not seen this...

From all I've heard about, it's about a drug dealer? No thank you.
KysenMurrin
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

It's about a chemistry teacher who becomes a meth cook in order to pay for cancer treatment... and then it goes much further than that. It's really a character study of the gradual transformation of an average man into a reprehensible villain, driven by his own pride, bitterness and arrogance. Bryan Cranston's acting in the role - most of the acting in the show, in fact - is brilliant (Anthony Hopkins even wrote him a gushing fan letter, calling it "the best acting I have seen—ever").
bldavis
Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Amirya wrote:I have not seen this...

From all I've heard about, it's about a drug dealer? No thank you.

at the most basic level...yes

it is SOOO much more though
i strongly suggest you and cody watch at least one season, and keep in mind it gets better as you go on
Nikachelle
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Amirya wrote:I have not seen this...

From all I've heard about, it's about a drug dealer? No thank you.

I thought the same. I ignored my boss at work raving about this show for the past year because I thought there was no way I'd be interested.

Good grief was I ever wrong.

And now after the show is already over, I wish I had been part of the madness as it happened live. I like a lot of TV shows, but I haven't been this RABID about a show in what feels like a very, VERY long time.
Nikachelle
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Sabindeus wrote:this thread is now for gifs

Image

I see you that and raise you:

Image

Image

I also really want this shirt, but where the hell would I wear it? And I'm not overly keen on profanity on shirts.

Image
Amirya
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Well, maybe I'll watch it. Currently working through roommate's Supernatural catch up (just started season 6), and I'm rereading some old books for the hell of it.

No promises from me. (Of course, another part of the time is my mother watching movies that include blowing shit up of all sorts - vehicles, buildings, planes, people - and her laughing hysterically at them all.)
Nikachelle
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Amirya wrote:Well, maybe I'll watch it. Currently working through roommate's Supernatural catch up (just started season 6), and I'm rereading some old books for the hell of it.

No promises from me. (Of course, another part of the time is my mother watching movies that include blowing shit up of all sorts - vehicles, buildings, planes, people - and her laughing hysterically at them all.)

Ugh. I restarted Supernatural myself... only made it to the second season as it was live and then just got bored. This time I made it to the start of Season 6 (or maybe it's 7) and I haven't touched it in about a month although it's all sitting downloaded and ready to watch.
Amirya
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Sam is not my favorite character. At all. He reminds me of Luke Skywalker, and I wanted to take Luke out back and flog him for being a whiny bitch.

No, my current favorites are Castiel and Crowley. Because Misha Collins has a hilarious and expressive face, and Crowley is just such a good bad guy to me.
Nikachelle
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

I used to run a Jensen Ackles website so I'm a bit partial to him!
Amirya
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Oh yes, Dean breaks many bad things. :mrgreen:

Now that I've hijacked your thread, I must add that I am very partial to Mark Sheppard at present. I love me a good villain who is neither black nor white.
Amirya
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Part of my campaign to prove I am not a nice person :wink:
Arnock
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person I know that isn't all that crazy about breaking bad.

I watched the first three seasons before the fourth came out.

The acting and cinematography were phenomenal, but the plot really just seemed to drag after awhile. And about 3-4 episodes into season 4, I just couldn't find the motivation to catch each week's episode, so I stopped watching it.



Hard to explain it better without spoiling anything.
Nikachelle
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Arnock wrote:I sometimes feel like I'm the only person I know that isn't all that crazy about breaking bad.

I watched the first three seasons before the fourth came out.

The acting and cinematography were phenomenal, but the plot really just seemed to drag after awhile. And about 3-4 episodes into season 4, I just couldn't find the motivation to catch each week's episode, so I stopped watching it.



Image
Barathorn
Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 am

Re: Breaking Bad

Arnock wrote:I sometimes feel like I'm the only person I know that isn't all that crazy about breaking bad.

I watched the first three seasons before the fourth came out.

The acting and cinematography were phenomenal, but the plot really just seemed to drag after awhile. And about 3-4 episodes into season 4, I just couldn't find the motivation to catch each week's episode, so I stopped watching it.



Hard to explain it better without spoiling anything.


I am exactly the same Arnock, I lasted 5 episodes. I know I 'have' to watch it all the way through but it simply didn't grip me in the same way other programes have or indeed how it has gripped other people including most of my friends.

As I said to a friend, it ain't no Deadwood or Sherlock. That is what I measure everything against.
Flex
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:38 am

Re: Breaking Bad

The Gus Fring arc was what sold me on the show. Great character, great villain, but they had so much idiot ball with him regarding Heisenberg it made me sad. Also, fucking Landry.
Arnock
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Barathorn wrote:
Arnock wrote:I sometimes feel like I'm the only person I know that isn't all that crazy about breaking bad.

I watched the first three seasons before the fourth came out.

The acting and cinematography were phenomenal, but the plot really just seemed to drag after awhile. And about 3-4 episodes into season 4, I just couldn't find the motivation to catch each week's episode, so I stopped watching it.



Hard to explain it better without spoiling anything.


I am exactly the same Arnock, I lasted 5 episodes. I know I 'have' to watch it all the way through but it simply didn't grip me in the same way other programes have or indeed how it has gripped other people including most of my friends.

As I said to a friend, it ain't no Deadwood or Sherlock. That is what I measure everything against.




I started watching Sherlock a few weeks ago, THAT is an amazing show.
katraya
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:42 am

Re: Breaking Bad

My husband just watched every BB that was on Netflix (he has to wait for the last few episodes) and I caught quite a few of them. It was hard to get sucked in when I was seeing it all chopped up. I can objesctively see why it's so highly praised but it just didn't do it for me.

When he finished BB he watched a few Malcolm in the Middle episodes. Seeing Bryan Cranston do roller disco was a real mindfuck. :lol:

Image

Arnock wrote:
I started watching Sherlock a few weeks ago, THAT is an amazing show.


I cannot WAIT for the third season. I saw this still from one of the new episodes and I just think it's so lovely.

Image
Koatanga
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Breaking Bad

Nikachelle wrote:A friend just linked this to me: http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

At first you're like "well this is stupid" and then you just keep on clicking...


I'm sending you any medical bills in the event of any repetitive stress injury, and you may owe me a new mouse as well...

I have an industrial complex and a meth-mart and am saving up for the Holy Meth. Only 113 trillion to go...