KysenMurrin wrote:but I really don't know the first thing about London (sense of scale, for one. Kensington seems a bit off-to-the-west of where most "stuff" is, but I don't know what it's like for distance).
If you haven't already check out Travel for London's journey planner and the tube map.
Travel For London Journey Planner -
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/Standard Tube Map -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ ... be-map.pdfIf you go into "Cycling & Walking" tab on the right, you can check "Show walking route if available" box and with your results it will tell you how long to walk.
South Kensington > Leicester Square (somewhere central)
10min tube (doesn't seem to include 3/4 minute wait time for train)
42min fast walk
55min average walk
Nikachelle wrote:Last time I was there I didn't feel like I got much of a sense of the different areas (zones?) in London and therefore have NO idea where we should stay this time.
Any suggestions?
I am off to lunch now but when I return will suggest some places.
Also, what do you want to do for your guild meet? Drinks, some other activity?
Off the top of my head to stay/go out in -
Camden
Soho (nearest stop Tottenham Court Road)